Mesh for creation initial field

Minh Chien Nguyen

Nov 25, 2018, 5:09:36 PM11/25/18
to mofem Group
Hello,

I have a question about creating an initial stress field and its use in MoFEM. For example:
"/home/mcnguyen/um_view/mofem_um_fracture_mechanics/examples/sslv116".

I saw that we used two different meshes, one for creation of an initial stress field ("init_stress_tet/sslv116a_tet_for_init_stress.med") and other for Mofem calculation ("sslv116a_tet.med").

Can we use the same mesh "sslv116a_tet.med" for both ?
In detail, for the creation of initial stress field, can we use the mesh sslv116a_tet.med deleting "Crack" group and how is its influence to the results?

Thank you.

Regards,
MCN

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Nov 25, 2018, 6:13:17 PM11/25/18
to mofem Group
Hello,

Yes, you can have the same mesh. That should not be a problem.

L.