Reinforcement Layout Paraview

Maria Sasso

Jul 24, 2017, 11:31:44 AM7/24/17
to mofem Group
Hello,

I have been trying to work out my reinforcement layout with this:

But I am not able to work out how to set the "post-processing mesh to view principal stress 22 and 33" or download the .pvsm file, which I have been trying to run as a script with .py but it still doesn't work.

Any idea on what I seem to be doing wrong?

Cheers,
MS

Karol Lewandowski

Jul 24, 2017, 11:35:34 AM7/24/17
to mofem Group
This file is not a script, it's a state file. You need to save it as .pvsm and open it in Paraview (File -> Load State)

Cheers

Maria Sasso

Jul 24, 2017, 4:06:47 PM7/24/17
to mofem Group
I can't save it as a .pvsm, that's the problem Karol.
It just opens a text file.

Karol Lewandowski

Jul 24, 2017, 4:15:35 PM7/24/17
to mofem Group
Because it is a text file, just change the name manually. Ignore system warnings.
I did it for you (attached file).

When you load the state file in Paraview you need to point to path of your output (vtk) file on which you want to apply this state.

Good luck.
Plotting_reinforcement.pvsm

Maria Sasso

Jul 25, 2017, 2:01:14 PM7/25/17
to mofem Group
Thank you Karol!

But it's still not working. Any chance I can pop by tomorrow and check with you what is wrong?

Cheers,
MS

Karol Lewandowski

Jul 26, 2017, 4:52:37 AM7/26/17
to mofem Group
Thats strange.
Yeah, sure. You can meet me every day in the room 604, Rankine Building.

Cheers

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Jul 26, 2017, 4:55:17 AM7/26/17
to mofem Group
Problem can be that this file is for older paraview, that why is not working.