Install MoFEM on Windows based on docker?

RuiAng

Feb 5, 2019, 11:50:10 PM2/5/19
to mofem Group
Did excuse me somebody successfully install MoFEM on Windows based on docker-desktop?

Could someone please provide the detailed installation steps?

Karol Lewandowski

Feb 6, 2019, 4:06:45 AM2/6/19
to mofem Group
Hi,

I managed to install mofem using Docker for Windows (make sure that Virtualisation is enabled on your PC) about a year ago, following these instructions.

However, I would strongly recommend to rather install using Bash on Ubuntu on Windows and install normally like on Ubuntu or by using Spack

Cheers,

Karol

RuiAng

Feb 6, 2019, 9:22:38 PM2/6/19
to mofem Group
Hey Karol,

Thanks for your advice. I found that it is hard to install MoFEM using Docker for Windows following the instructions.

I think the subsystem (e.g. Ubuntu) equipped in Win10 may be a better choice to install MoFEM on Windows platform.

Best,

RuiAng