Calculating the fracture energy G1 with the Fracture Mechanics module

alex.amar.aa

Jul 1, 2017, 9:55:54 AM7/1/17
to mofem Group

Hello,

I am trying to calculate the fracture energy G1 for a beam fixed at one end with a crack at the other end in a peel test, using that command :

mpirun -np 4 ./fracture_mechanics/crack_propagation -my_file out.h5m \
-snes_monitor -snes_atol 1e-8 -snes_rtol 0 -snes_converged_reason \
-ksp_monitor -ksp_type fgmres -my_max_post_proc_ref_level 1 \
-ksp_atol 1e-12 -ksp_rtol 1e-8 -my_order 2 -mofem_mg_verbose 1 -mofem_mg_coarse_order 1 \
-mofem_mg_levels 2 -mg_coarse_ksp_type preonly -mg_coarse_pc_type lu \
-mg_coarse_pc_factor_mat_solver_package mumps -pc_mg_smoothup 10 -pc_mg_smoothdown 10 \
-pc_mg_galerkin true -pc_mg_type multiplicative -pc_type lu -pc_factor_mat_solver_package mumps \
-my_ref 0 -my_geom_order 1 -my_ref_order 1 -material HOOKE  2>&1 | tee log0

My problem is that when I run the analysis, I only get zeros. I have checked the config file, but when i tried to modify it there was no changes in the result.
Have I made a mistake in the config file that I did not see or am I using the wrong command to run my analysis?

I have attached both the med and config file, thank you in advance for your help.

Alexandre Amar
sample_peel.cfg
sample_peel.med

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Jul 2, 2017, 4:01:15 AM7/2/17
to mofem Group
Hello,

I've made recently changes to fracture module. Could you update module first, see http://mofem.eng.gla.ac.uk/mofem/html/um_fracture_module_readme.html and section updating
module. It makes command line shorter and will be easier to find potential error.

Kind regards,
Lukasz

alex.amar.aa

Jul 2, 2017, 12:19:15 PM7/2/17
to mofem Group
Hello,

My module is now up to date, and when I tried the commands as they are written on the website there was no change and I still get zeros. Which parameter of the line can I modify to solve my problem? I tried to use an order of calculation of 3 and a finer mesh but it had a very limited effect on the solution.

Best regards,
Alexandre