Problem when installing MOFEM Core Library

daniele.barbera86

Feb 8, 2024, 7:29:39 AMFeb 8
to MoFEM Q&A
I have recently decided to have a fresh install on my new Workstation with Ubuntu all went smooth until I had to install Core Library the command I used is the following:

spack dev-build -j4 \
--source-path $HOME/mofem_install/mofem-cephas \
--keep-prefix \
mofem-cephas@develop+adol-c~copy_user_modules+docker~ipo+med+mgis~shared+slepc+tetgen \
build_type=Release install_id=0 ^petsc+X ^boost+python+numpy

but I am getting this error:

Error: trying to set variant "mgis" in package "mofem-cephas", but the package has no such variant [happened during concretization of mofem-cephas@develop+adol-c~copy_user_modules+docker~ipo+med+mgis~shared+slepc+tetgen build_type=Release dev_path=/home/fit-ubuntu/mofem_install/mofem-cephas install_id=0 ^boost+numpy+python ^petsc+X]

The dependencies were installed without a single error at first shot, thanks to the useful guide on compilers. But this is totally unexpected.

Can any of the team/community give me some help to continue the installation?

Many thanks!

Daniele

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Feb 10, 2024, 10:47:04 AMFeb 10
to MoFEM Q&A
Hey Daniel,

Can you check what branch of spack you are using? We recently add the mgis variant to the dev branch.

Follow instructions, and try again,
cd ~/mofem_install/spack
git fetch -a
git checkout spack_develop_v0.21
git pull

Try again. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Lukasz

rosswill...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2024, 3:31:54 PMFeb 10
to MoFEM Q&A
We got this sorted but I forgot to update this after Daniele messaged me directly. I'm not 100% sure what Daniele did exactly. I recommended swapping to the lukasz/spack_develop_v0.21 spack branch but I'm not clear if Daniele also removed +docker or not.

The main thing being that there's no rush to resolve the issue.

daniele.barbera86

Feb 15, 2024, 9:21:40 AMFeb 15
to MoFEM Q&A

I solved the issue by: