MFront

Assigned to inz.karol...@gmail.com by lik...@wp.pl

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Oct 2, 2021, 6:54:30 AM10/2/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Karol,

Can we start thread how to use MFront module:

1) from where to pull repo,
2) what operators push to the pipeline,
3) how to integrate with spack,
4) what is missing

How do you compile MFront now?

Lukasz

Karol Lewandowski

Oct 2, 2021, 7:47:20 AM10/2/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Hi Lukasz,
unfortunately, currently it is not going to be easy, I have not used this module for 8 months. A lot has changed since then.

1) The repo is here. See the README file. There is a particular old branch of spack that I've made that makes the installation easy. However, it has not been updated in a long time.
2) Operators already pushed, it is a standalone module. Of course, ideally, we should move it to basic finite elements, or make it optional when installing MoFEM.
3) MFront is already integrated with spack ("spack install mgis"), we just have to specify python libraries appropriately, such that there are no conflicts with MoFEM.
4) Mgis was updated in the meantime, so possibly there might be some problems with the compilation. I used version 1.0, now we have 1.1.

I am happy to support anyone interested in continuing this project. I think we should start with spack, and make the command "spack install mofem-cephas+mgis" work with the newest version.

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Oct 2, 2021, 8:24:37 AM10/2/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Thanks, I going to work a bit on this, to get access to materials models.