Lambda Functions in Bilinear Forms

Assigned to lik...@wp.pl by me

ignathanas

Oct 19, 2021, 11:05:05 AM10/19/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Hello all,

There some Bilinear Forms that admit ScalarFuns, i.e. LambdaFunctions and others that admit double variables.

Shouldn't they all admit Lambda Functions only?

Thank you in advance.

Ignatios

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Oct 19, 2021, 11:55:58 AM10/19/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Ignatios,

We have to standardize this, but we have to look case by case. But ultimately having lambda functions provides more flexibility.

L.

ignathanas

Oct 20, 2021, 6:43:09 AM10/20/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Hello,

Josh needs to do time integration with regard to a sub matrix evaluated by OpMixScalarTimesGrad.
At the moment this operator admits only double, should this be changed to ScalarFun instead now?

All best,
Ignatios

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Oct 20, 2021, 9:46:35 AM10/20/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Hey,

Ignatios can you give more details why this can not be a constant? Material is heterogenous?

One note, in the future PR name of that operator, will be changed to OpMixScalarTimesDiv

L.

ignathanas

Oct 20, 2021, 10:00:45 AM10/20/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Hello,

The idea is to pass the  ts_a from TSMethod.
Is it OK to pass it as a const double, should this be not able to be varying?

Thanks is advance.
Ignatios

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Oct 20, 2021, 10:07:23 AM10/20/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Ignatios,

We have to fix this then.

L.

ignathanas

Oct 20, 2021, 11:08:10 AM10/20/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Lukasz,

Thanks.
Should I make the change in ScalarFun and renaming since the you PR is not there yet?

Ignatios

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Oct 20, 2021, 1:07:35 PM10/20/21
to MoFEM Q&A
Ignatios,

It is branch lukasz/op_dev, it will not work with users' modules, I update that code. However, you can branch from lukasz/op_dev, make PR to it, and then we once we fix users modules, we merge all to lukasz/develop, and then to develop.

Also, will be good to write some unit test to those operators. We have to think about how to do it well.

Regards,
L.