deflection shape

ciaradunlop97

Feb 22, 2019, 7:29:20 AM2/22/19
to mofem Group
Hi,

My model for the cantilever section of my structure is giving strange deflection shapes when I exclude body forces and include a force on the floor surface of 3.5kN/m2 in the negative y direction. Is there something wrong with the cubit model I have made?
  dir
Kind Regards,

Marcus

cantilever.cub

ignat...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2019, 8:03:05 AM2/22/19
to mofem Group
Hi Marcus,

In non-linear problem the forces are applied on the opposite direction. This is part of the convention that is consistent throughout non-linear models implemented in MoFEM. So if you want to apply a force on the negative direction you should apply in your cubit file a force on the positive direction.

Ignatios