How to apply boundary conditions in the normal direction

Minh Chien Nguyen

Nov 25, 2018, 5:41:38 PM11/25/18
to mofem Group
Hello,

I would like to know how can we apply a boundary condition in the normal direction of face, e.g. displacement = 0 ?

Thank you.

Best regards,
MCN

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Nov 25, 2018, 6:20:08 PM11/25/18
to mofem Group
Hello,

Currently, we do not have a boundary condition for this case. How this is important? It can be added at some point.

L.

Minh Chien Nguyen

Nov 26, 2018, 7:28:33 AM11/26/18
to mofem Group
Hello,

Thank you for your reponse.

Effectively, I would like to impose a displacement = 0 following the normal direction of a circle et a cylinder.

Regards,
MCN

Lukasz Kaczmraczyk

Nov 26, 2018, 8:24:15 AM11/26/18
to mofem...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We currently start work on spring type boundary conditions, that is needed to take influence other bodies or ground effect. We will have a case that springs are local coordinates of the surface. If you put a very high value, it will work as a penalty constraining normal displacements to the surface. That will be implemented before the new year in fracture module; I will let you know when is done.

From the other hand, we have implemented Surface Sliding Constraints with Lagrange multipliers, but those are not added to the fracture module. This is generic for large strain deformation on arbitrary curved shape. We will add them to fracture module as well after new year.

I hope that you can wait a bit.

Kind regards,
Lukasz