too many apache threads

Nazeer Baig Mohammed

Jan 25, 2022, 3:31:56 PM1/25/22
to modwsgi
I am using wsgi daemon mode with default apache mpm prefork module. In wsgi I have used 2 process with 4 threads and I expect only 7 threads per each process at any point of time. But, somehow I see the threads count is not constant and I can see around 55 threads per each process. I am confused why this is happening.

WSGIDaemonProcess test processes=2 threads=4 display-name=%{GROUP}

Nazeer Baig Mohammed

Feb 10, 2022, 6:36:40 AM2/10/22
to modwsgi
@Graham Dumpleton, can you please help me on this to figure out why this is happening.

Nazeer Baig Mohammed

Feb 14, 2022, 6:20:27 AM2/14/22
to modwsgi
This is the config I am using and is in port 80 and port 443 virtual host config. I observed that for the port 80 process, threads are as expected which are 56 in total for 8 process however for 443 process, each process is having 55 threads and 8x55=440 threads in total which is bothering me a lot. I am not getting understand why each process is having 55 threads instead of 7 threads.

WSGIDaemonProcess test.com processes=8 threads=4 display-name=%{GROUP}
WSGIProcessGroup test.com
WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
WSGIPassAuthorization On
WSGIScriptAlias / /srv/www/test/public/django.wsgi