How to tell which version of mod_wsgi Apache is using?

Olof S

Feb 4, 2024, 2:23:27 PMFeb 4
to modwsgi
Thank you so much for mod_wsgi!

How can I tell which version of mod_wsgi is in use? Someone else set up the server ages ago, and I don't know if Apache is using the version of mod_wsgi from the system package manager, or if it's using some version built from source, and if so which. Is there a way to find this out?

The only copy of mod_wsgi.so I can find is
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_wsgi.so,
which is symlinked to mod_wsgi.so-3.9.

On the other hand, dpkg -l shows that libapache2-mod-wsgi-py3 4.7.1-3 is installed on the system. Can I somehow tell if this is what Apache is actually using?

Thanks!

Graham Dumpleton

Feb 4, 2024, 2:24:36 PMFeb 4
to mod...@googlegroups.com

Olof S

Feb 4, 2024, 7:05:10 PMFeb 4
to mod...@googlegroups.com
If I understand that documentation correctly, that tells me about the python version. I'm instead after seeing which version of mod_wsgi I'm using. What am I missing?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "modwsgi" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/modwsgi/21FD5A44-B168-4E14-AC67-277A043FE6C2%40gmail.com.
favicon.ico
favicon.ico

Graham Dumpleton

Feb 4, 2024, 7:33:22 PMFeb 4
to mod...@googlegroups.com

Sorry, read too quickly.

The Apache error logs when it starts up should show the mod_wsgi version.

If a new enough mod_wsgi version you can also import mod_wsgi module and print out version.

Know whether mod_wsgi module is from a system package or self installed is a but more difficult.

Graham

Olof S

Feb 5, 2024, 3:31:32 AMFeb 5
to modwsgi
Fantastic -- it does indeed show up in the error log. Thank you!