Trac

Doug Epling

Nov 30, 2023, 3:22:19 PM11/30/23
to modwsgi
I am determined to get this working.  The thing is developers write copious documentation, without revision dates, and technology does not stand still.

I am down to one virtual environment with mod_wsgi-standalone in lib64/ with Python site-packages and with Trac in lib/ with site-packages.  The project is in /opt/<dir>/<poject>.  tracd will start serving, but without its own server it will not cooperate.  mod_python-express will execute to show the snake whisky.

I have just learned of the new[ish] pipx command to work with virtualenv's, which seems promising.  But I am hoping someone could suggest a more direct route to China, so to speak.

Thanks

Graham Dumpleton

Nov 30, 2023, 3:42:46 PM11/30/23
to mod...@googlegroups.com
You should not use mod_wsgi-standalone package. You should use the standard mod_wsgi package and ensure that system Apache development package is installed so that mod_wsgi is compiled against and uses it instead.

Next is that Trac provides only instructions for integrating with system Apache and does not provide instructions for integrating with mod_wsgi-express command line (which is another reason why can't use mod_wsgi-standalone package).

So it is unclear how you might even have set things up if trying to use mod_wsgi-express. Either way, the tracd process should not be running, as that isn't how things work if embedding Trac with Apache/mod_wsgi.

Instructions for using Trac with Apache/mod_wsgi can be found at:

Also be aware that Trac only supports Python 2.7 and you cannot use Python 3.0.

To be of any more help I would need to know more about how you are running things and configuring system Apache.

Graham

Jun Omae

Nov 30, 2023, 3:56:40 PM11/30/23
to mod...@googlegroups.com

Graham Dumpleton

Nov 30, 2023, 4:06:07 PM11/30/23
to modwsgi
An update to the TracInstall page would be helpful.