workshop at IROS canceled

Kasper Stoy

Jun 18, 2009, 5:52:48 AM6/18/09
to Wei-Min Shen, Radhika Nagpal, Roderich GROSS, mark gross, jason.d....@intel.com, Seth Copen Goldstein, Mark Yim, Haruhisa Kurokawa, korn...@ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de, Victor Zykov, Hod.L...@cornell.edu, Modular Robotics Lab, Eric Klavins, modular-...@googlegroups.com
Dear modular robotics community,

It is with some sadness I have to tell you that this year's IROS
workshop on modular
robots is not going to take place. We made a big mistake by not getting
the proposal
for the workshop in on time and despite much begging the IROS organizing
committee
would not make an exception for us. I have to apologize for this. I know
a lot of people,
like us, submitted to IROS mainly to get to go to the workshop.

The plan now is to have the workshop at ICRA 2010 instead, which will
take place in May. The submission deadline of ICRA is the 15th of September.
At this meeting we can discus progress as usual, but also get some feedback
from people who attended the new REMAR conference and
see if this is the place for our workshops in the future.

Best wishes for your modular robotics work,

Kasper Stoy