AttributeError: module 'ray' has no attribute 'utils'

Vibhor Varun Khar

May 25, 2021, 2:21:47 AM5/25/21
to modin-dev
Hello,
I ran the following command:
pip install modin[all]

And now when I try to run import modin.pandas as pd I get an attribute error
module 'ray' has no attribute 'utils'.

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong.
Thanks,
Vibhor

Devin Petersohn

May 25, 2021, 9:48:03 AM5/25/21
to Vibhor Varun Khar, modin-dev
Hi Vibhor,

We are still working with the Ray team on support for 1.3, this GitHub issue outlines the fix: https://github.com/modin-project/modin/issues/3059 . Feel free to comment there!

Devin

Vibhor Varun Khar

May 25, 2021, 2:09:06 PM5/25/21
to Devin Petersohn, modin-dev
Thanks a lot for the quick response, Devin.
I installed Ray==1.1 and was able to import modin.pandas.

Unfortunately, my read_csv is behaving weird and giving me an error message:

AttributeError: 'function' object has no attribute 'Rolling'

I would be grateful if you could help me point in the direction of a good documentation source that can help me deal with such issues.

Thanks a ton for everything,
Vibhor

Devin Petersohn

May 25, 2021, 8:49:50 PM5/25/21
to Vibhor Varun Khar, modin-dev
Thanks for the follow up! Would you be able to open an issue on GitHub for this? Please include the line of code that triggered the error.

Vibhor Varun Khar

May 27, 2021, 10:32:20 AM5/27/21
to Devin Petersohn, modin-dev
Absolutely. Thanks again for your help!