Re:

Devin Petersohn

Oct 7, 2019, 3:08:52 PM10/7/19
to chao jay, d...@modin.org
Hi Jay, thanks for reaching out over the mailing list!

1. A speed comparison for microbenchmarking can be done against pandas itself, dask, or spark. We usually stick with benchmarking against pandas.
2. A high level overview of the design philosophy was added to the documentation: https://modin.readthedocs.io/en/latest/architecture.html

Feel free to reach out with any specific questions about the architecture if there's anything unclear from the documentation!

Devin

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 1:41 AM chao jay <secretn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Devin:

 I am writing to enquire questions about modin.

 My name is Jay, and I'm working on modin read_excel api

 As a matter of fact, it's my 2nd month to know modin, I read the whole source code of modin, i want to introduce modin to chinese pythoner hoping more and more chinese devolper contributing modin since rarely chinese developer know modin, so i will have a presentation to introduce modin. But before that, i wish you give me some guidance of my presentation.

the detail question is:

1. There will be a speed comparison between modern api and pandas api, which api do  you think most worth comparing.

2. The design philosophy behind modin

best

chao jay

Oct 11, 2019, 9:06:32 PM10/11/19
to Devin Petersohn, d...@modin.org
Thanks Devin,

I watched the presentation with the topic Scaling Interactive Pandas Workflows with Modin(https://rise.cs.berkeley.edu/blog/modin-talk-at-pydata-nyc-2018/), it's very impressive.

It will be grate if you can pass me the jupyter notebook you used in the presentation, I'm so desiring to learning from your presentation.

Best

Devin Petersohn <devin.p...@gmail.com> 于2019年10月8日周二 上午3:08写道:

chao jay

Oct 11, 2019, 9:08:10 PM10/11/19
to Devin Petersohn, d...@modin.org
Thanks Devin,

I watched the presentation with the topic Scaling Interactive Pandas Workflows with Modin(https://rise.cs.berkeley.edu/blog/modin-talk-at-pydata-nyc-2018/), it's very impressive.

It will be grate if you can pass me the jupyter notebook and presentation you used in the presentation, I'm so desiring to learning from your presentation.

Best

chao jay <secretn...@gmail.com> 于2019年10月12日周六 上午9:06写道:

Devin Petersohn

Oct 12, 2019, 1:05:43 PM10/12/19