PEST Errors and ModelMuse 5

Christian Wawra

Mar 30, 2022, 5:51:51 AM3/30/22
to MODFLOW Users Group

Dear Community,

I am currently working on a GW model as part of my masters thesis using Modflow 6 with ModelMuse. I was very excited about the newest version of ModelMuse, especially about being able to create PEST files and promt PEST directly from ModelMuse. To test the new functionalities I set up a quite simple arbitrary stationary model. Now I am encountering the following errors:

When the output file for calculated heads (<model>.ob_gw_out_head.csv) is set to textfile:

1.000000000000 is an invalid float

(I am pretty sure that this float is referred to the first entry of the second line in the file, the time step)

When the output file format is set to binary the error message says that a specific observation could not be found in any input file (i.e. hd_obs3_14 1).

So i was wondering if anyone has allready tried out the new funcitons in that manner and maybe enounterd similar issues.

Help would be much appreciated.

I will attach some images and settings shortly