Modflow Technical Question!

Karim Khalil

Feb 3, 2022, 2:02:15 AM2/3/22
to MODFLOW Users Group
Hi,

My project is to select the best location for an aquifer storage and recovery (ASR) site.

According to ASR selection criteria, the potential ASR sites are located near to the eastern boundary. So, is there any impact from the eastern boundary on the ASR sites evaluation?

 ASR Sites.png

Thanks

rcon...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2022, 10:30:42 PM2/8/22
to MODFLOW Users Group
The eastern model boundary appears to be pretty close to the ASR location. It is good that you are using specified flux (instead of constant head), but you are still going to have boundary effects in the AOI. The only real way to test how impactful the boundary effects are is to move them further away and see the impact to the results.

Imran Chohaan

Feb 13, 2022, 10:37:06 AM2/13/22
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am doing some work on GW Vistas. If any one can provide some help regarding preparation of data entry files in the model. I will pay for this.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards:

Karim Khalil

Mar 24, 2022, 8:55:12 AM3/24/22
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply. But, how to check the impact of the boundary condition on the result? What is the expected impact. Thanks

rcon...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2022, 8:40:50 AM3/25/22
to MODFLOW Users Group
Move the boundary further away and see if the results that you are interested in change.

Karim Khalil

Mar 26, 2022, 12:32:07 AM3/26/22
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to move the location of ASR towards the left (west) and check if there will be unexpected results?

András Jakab

Apr 7, 2022, 5:30:11 AM4/7/22
to MODFLOW Users Group
Since you are using a specified flow boundary condition east from your ASR sites, the best way to check the effect is to compare haeads at the boundary with and without ASR being applied. Also, because some of your specified head boundary conditions are also close to one of the ASR sites, you will have to check flows accross the CHD boundary with and without ASR. Hope this helped.