Issue with Decimal Separator in ModelMuse on German Locale

Edon Morina

May 29, 2024, 9:47:36 PMMay 29
to MODFLOW Users Group

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working with ModelMuse in Germany and have encountered an issue with numerical inputs that include decimals. For example, when I try to input a recharge value of 32.5 cm/d, ModelMuse only reads it as 32, ignoring the decimal part. I believe this might be due to the use of a comma as a decimal separator in the German locale settings.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or found a solution? Here are a few specific questions I have:

  1. Is there a way to configure ModelMuse to correctly interpret the period (.) as a decimal separator?
  2. Would changing the regional settings in Windows to use a period instead of a comma affect ModelMuse's input recognition?
  3. Are there any recommended workarounds for entering or converting data to ensure ModelMuse reads the decimal values correctly?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

rbwinston

May 29, 2024, 10:51:45 PMMay 29
to modflow