Replacing Initial heads

Nanda Kumar

May 28, 2024, 5:19:22 AMMay 28
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I am using Visual modflow flex 10 to simulate the impact of industrial pumping on the regional ground water regime. After entering all the required data, I have run the model, after which I noticed some inconsistencies in the raw initial heads data. Now, some additional pz heads data has become available and I want to replace the original initial heads with the new data. I tried assigning the new data using a data object (surface) created from them, but even then, my original data persists. The option for deleting the initial heads is grayed out in the model explorer tree. Is there any way to replace the data  other than starting again with a new model??

Jakab Andras - Gmail

May 28, 2024, 10:30:25 AMMay 28
to mod...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to re-assign parameters (including initial heads) from both the conceptual modeling and from the numerical modeling workflows depending on where they were initially defined. If you initially defined them in the numerical modeling workflow then it is not possible to re-assign them in the conceptual modeling workflow. Simply navigate directly to the Define Properties step in the numerical modeling workflow, select Initial Heads in the Toolbox and go ahead and assign values using the available tools. It shouldn't be grayed out by any means. If it eventually is, then check whether you have any unfinished assignment tasks you started earlier.

--
This group was created in 2004 by Mr. C. P. Kumar, Former Scientist 'G', National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee. Please visit his webpage at https://www.angelfire.com/nh/cpkumar/
---