Re: [Cafe Poetry] new poetry, "Change the World"

1 view

max mean

Jul 21, 2008, 9:27:03 PM7/21/08
to cafep...@yahoogroups.com

the world has changed
but the river flows

--- On Mon, 7/21/08, Mark <lamppoet@centurytel.net> wrote:

From: Mark <lamppoet@centurytel.net>
Subject: [Cafe Poetry] new poetry, "Change the World"
To: "Mark" <lamppoet@centurytel.net>
Date: Monday, July 21, 2008, 1:14 PM

All my world-changin instincts have been surgically altered.

"Change the World"

("And when starving young ravens cry out to Me for food, do you satisfy
their hunger?" Job 38:41)

You told me you were going to change the world;

so I took a walk to the river bank

and found the shells the seagulls dropped

to taste the sweet inside.

You told me you were going to change the world;

so I waited by the clearing

where the doe and her fawn

nibble the roseleaves and raspberry twigs.

You told me you were going to change the world;

so I watched above the water

and saw the eagle hover between the blue

with breakfast dangling from its beak.

Watching,

mark p.

lamppoet@centurytel .net

__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Special offer for Yahoo! Groups from Blockbuster! Get a free 1-month trial with no late fees or due dates.
Star Wars on Y!

Discover new content

Connect with other

fans & upload video.