Multiple plots

Olaf Gerson

Jan 6, 2017, 4:42:05 AM1/6/17
to Modelur
Hi guys,

though I am aware that the pre Beta phase has ended, the link in the (trial) version still refers to this forum, so I guess I'll post mine here.

I was wondering if there already is some progress on the option to allocate multiple plots with their separate buildups as to set different FARs in a bigger site.
I work a lot on Chinese projects where sites tend to be enormous, but where FAR is calculated within the boundaries of the smaller plots.

Maybe as per layer or per group?

Tnx, great tool,
Olaf

Nejc Vidmar

Jan 6, 2017, 5:05:35 AM1/6/17
to Modelur
Hello Olaf,

The short answer is yes!

Development of multiple plots (we call them spatial units) is our main priority at the moment. I can already confirm that it will be introduced in Modelur 0.6.0 :-)

Cheers,
Jernej

PS: at the moment we stick to this forum, so its OK, to post any questions here.

Olaf Gerson

Jan 6, 2017, 6:47:20 AM1/6/17
to Modelur
Hi Jernej,

tnx for your quick reply.
That is good to here. It would make Modelur a really good plugin for the office then.

In the meantime, as a work around, what would you suggest?
The only thing I have discovered so far is to work on 1 plot, then hide the blocks and move on to the next plot, adjust plot size (ps: loading plot size by selection would also maybe be an idea), and continue to work the next plot.

Regards,
Olaf

Nejc Vidmar

Jan 6, 2017, 6:54:46 AM1/6/17
to Modelur
Hi Olaf,

Sure thing, you are welcome.

Your workaround is what we suggest for now. To make it easier you might want to do it by placing Buildings on separate layers and hide those. But make sure you also update plot area size to get correct Floor Space Index and Built-up area.

Cheers,
Jernej

PS: I think that the first release of 0.6 will be out in a month or two...