SOLVED: Unable to Validate Online

Monica De Santi

Jun 6, 2014, 4:40:36 PM6/6/14
Having issues when i open my modelur it states that online validation was unsuccessful, and tells me to try again in 20 seconds.
i and still unable to validate, and as a result my modelur gets stuck in the demo mode, and lots of the options are greyed out

i am using mac, have checked my firewall settings, and have added sketch up as "allow incoming connections" but nothing changes.

Please let me know what i need to do in order to get it to work!

zzois

May 19, 2014, 12:44:57 PM5/19/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mrs. De Santi - could you be so kind and provide us with your public IP address (hopefully you use static IP address?), so we can check our server logs whether connection attempts get through to our server. In order to avoid publishing your IP here publicly, please send it to our support email address instead: sup...@modelur.com

You can find your public IP address by opening a website like the following site: http://www.whatismyip.com

Opening firewall on your Mac alone might not be enough, since the modem/router through which your computer is accessing internet might be using its own firewall.

Could you also please check that you are able to open Extension Warehouse directly from SketchUp?

Monica De Santi

May 22, 2014, 2:02:16 AM5/22/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
i have sent through the details to the email address you listed below. please let me know when there is an outcome and what i need to do.
Thanks

Jano Barrail

May 26, 2014, 2:01:40 AM5/26/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same problem. Everything works fine, extension warehouse opens, and my firewall is deactivated. I'm not sure if my modem/router has one, I don't think so, but I'm not sure. I'll forward you my IP.

Thanks!

Žiga Böhm

May 27, 2014, 6:48:54 AM5/27/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mrs De Santi,

I apologize for my late reply - I have looked through our server logs and haven't found anything unusual. It seem your Modelur installation never even tries to contact our validation server, although it does check for news update.

Could you please post what SketchUp version are you using? Also do you use Pro or Make SketchUp edition? Do I presume right that you run SketchUp on OS X?

As an additional test, could you please try to open the following site in your browser and post results:

The site should open with four input fields, each containing a bunch of characters, numbers and other symbols.

Žiga Böhm

May 27, 2014, 6:56:32 AM5/27/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mr. Barrail,

The problem seems to be indeed the same as Mrs. De Santi is experiencing - your Modelur installation never tries to contact our validation server, although it does check for news update.

Could you also please post what SketchUp version are you using and what platform does it run on? Again I presume it OS X? Also do you use Pro or Make SketchUp edition?

As an additional test, could you please try to open in your browser the same site I asked Mrs. De Santi about and post your results:

The site should open with four input fields, each containing a bunch of characters, numbers and other symbols.

Jano Barrail

May 28, 2014, 3:18:55 PM5/28/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com

Mr. Böhm,

Thank you for your reply. I'm using Sketchup Make 2014 version 14.0.4899 in OS X Mavericks.

the result of the page were

2H5doGZCR9wdUsXNYp8r0s/kg24=    1+iS9SBphzRtDBnfZx+8i4XTMow=    Q269HIzYN+UR6rEmxapNegcu/yI=    305

thanks.

Monica De Santi

May 29, 2014, 1:12:18 AM5/29/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
I am using sketch up make 2014 on osx 10.9.3
i am just going to try and download sketch up again and see whether there is something wrong with it, as it was running in the pro mode still as i had a free evaluation (8 Hours) of pro when i downloaded the program from the sketch up website.

Here is the data from the website you said to look at
2H5doGZCR9wdUsXNYp8r0s/kg24=  1+iS9SBphzRtDBnfZx+8i4XTMow= Q269HIzYN+UR6rEmxapNegcu/yI=  305

Žiga Böhm

May 29, 2014, 3:58:58 AM5/29/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

besides reinstalling SketchUp (I recommend AppCleaner for thoroughly removing installed SketchUp first: http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/), could you please also delete Modelur's user settings folder "~/Library/Appplication Support/MODELUR". "~" denotes your home folder.

Since users' Library folders are hidden from OS X Lion (10.7.x) onwards, in order to see it, you will have to (un)hide it first by following next few steps:
1. Open a new finder window
2. Navigate to your Home directory by selecting "Go" menu and clicking "Home"
3. Select the "View" menu and click "Show View Options"
4. (Un)Check the box next to "Show Library Folder"

Alternatively, you can remove the "MODELUR" folder by typing the following command into Terminal window:
rm -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/MODELUR/

Please let me know about the outcome. Thank you.

Žiga Böhm

May 29, 2014, 4:00:34 AM5/29/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

can you please follow the same instructions I gave Mrs. De Santi. Thank you.

Žiga Böhm

May 29, 2014, 4:10:13 AM5/29/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Just a precautionary warning - while typing the command into Terminal, please be very careful to type it in full and/or not misspell it since it has the ability to delete the wrong folder.

Monica De Santi

May 29, 2014, 11:40:00 PM5/29/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Hi there
i have used app cleaner to remove sketch up
then i downloaded and reinstalled it (it is still showing up as being in pro trial mode for some reason?)
i deleted the preferences for modelur

still unable to validate online!
Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 1.39.13 pm.png

Žiga Böhm

May 30, 2014, 5:53:46 AM5/30/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Mrs. De Santi for your help and patience. Could you please also - with your browser - try to open the following site:

It should tell you whether you are accessing internet directly or through proxy. The latter could be preventing Modelur from authenticating successfully.

Monica De Santi

May 30, 2014, 8:54:55 AM5/30/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com

Here are the results from the website you suggested.

Thanks for your help. let me know what i should do next!

Thank you for participating in our test of detecting proxy servers. This proxy detector is constantly being updated. If you are using a proxy server and it was not detected please check back in a few days and see if we are able to detect the proxy server.

To test a different IP address please use the IP lookup tool.

Proxy server not detected.

IP(removed for my safety)
rDNSFALSE
WIMIA TestFALSE
Tor TestFALSE
Loc TestFALSE
Header TestFALSE
DNSBL TestFALSE

Jano Barrail

May 30, 2014, 4:33:07 PM5/30/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mr. Böhm,

I'm having the same results as Mrs. De Santi.

I've uninstalled everything using app cleaner, and deleted modelur's preferences. Then, reinstalled everything. I've tried connecting from different location, and the problem persist.

Proxy server not detected.

IP(removed for my safety)
rDNSFALSE
WIMIA TestFALSE
Tor TestFALSE
Loc TestFALSE
Header TestFALSE
DNSBL TestFALSE

thanks very much for your help! I hope we can solve this because I'm really looking forward to testing your piece of software.

Nejc Vidmar

Jun 2, 2014, 12:32:44 PM6/2/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mrs De Santi, Dear Mr. Barrail,

I kindly ask you to let us know if there are any script errors when you initalize Modelur. You can see them if you open Window > Ruby Console. Please copy/paste the text, if any.

In the meanwhile, Žiga is preparing some further diagnostics and he will be back to you once prepared.

Thank you and best regards,
Jernej

Žiga Böhm

Jun 2, 2014, 1:50:10 PM6/2/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
After some more testing I can confirm there seems to be problem with Modelur online validation in conjunction with SketchUp 2014. As a temporary solution, Modelur can be run successfully with SketchUp Pro 2013, available for download directly from the following Trimble's site:

We will keep you updated while we try to resolve this issue asap. Thank you again for letting us know about this issue!

Žiga Böhm

Jun 2, 2014, 1:54:01 PM6/2/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
As a side note Modelur also runs fine with Sketchup (Pro) 8.

Also the validation issue is confined to OS X installations of SketchUp 2014 only, all Windows SketchUp versions (7 and up) run fine with Modelur.

Jano Barrail

Jun 2, 2014, 5:17:56 PM6/2/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much. I hope you can solve the issue since it's a little troublesome to install older version only for the plug in, but I'll give it a try as so to enjoy Modelur.

To respond to Mr. Vidmar, the ruby console showed no errors, in case the information is of some worth.

I'll appreciate it if you could send me an email a soon as you solved the issue, as to help you with anything else and try modelur on Sketchup 2014.

Again, thanks for the support and I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Alejandro.

Nejc Vidmar

Jun 3, 2014, 9:48:40 AM6/3/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mrs De Santi, Dear Mr. Barrail,

in the attachment I am sending you one file, which might give us some clue on what is going on.

Please place it in your plugins directory:  click Go in the menu bar > Library > Application Support > SketchUp 2013 > SketchUp > Plugins.
You should se the default modelur.rb script next to the one you have just copied.

Once installed, please start a new session of SketchUp, open Ruby Console and copy/paste the following command into it:
ModelurDebug_ValidityCheck::initialize

Once the method will finish its job, it will print something like:
== MODELUR ONLINE VALIDATION TEST START ==
Sketchup version: 14000999
Online stantus: true
=== MODELUR ONLINE VALIDATION TEST END ===

Please also note that online validation window (WebDialog) might pop up - please let us know if you do not see it.

That's it for now, please let us know about the results.
modelur_validation_test.rbs

Nejc Vidmar

Jun 3, 2014, 9:50:18 AM6/3/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
I apologize for minor mistake - you should probably place it in SketchUp 2014 plugins folder:
Go in the menu bar > Library > Application Support > SketchUp 2014 > SketchUp > Plugins.

Jano Barrail

Jun 5, 2014, 1:31:35 AM6/5/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Vidmar,

This are the results for the test. I hope they are useful

Thanks.

Alejandro
Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 1.30.53.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 1.30.34.png

Nejc Vidmar

Jun 5, 2014, 3:10:57 AM6/5/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jano,

this, I hope, will be of great help - thank you!
We'll get back to you as sonn as we find out what is going on
and why online validation is not working... although Modelur
connects to our validation server.

How long (in sec) did it take to print the message once you
clicked Initialize Modelur button?

Thank you and best regards,
Jernej

Jano Barrail

Jun 5, 2014, 1:20:48 PM6/5/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
I'm not really sure, buy it was quite fast. 1 or 2 seconds maybe, 3 tops.

Nejc Vidmar

Jun 5, 2014, 1:24:35 PM6/5/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
That's good news. We now know that validation is actually done. But we have to
figure out what is causing it to be invalid. It seems there are some chagnes in
SketchUp 2014 which are unknown to us...

Thanks,
Jernej

Nejc Vidmar

Jun 6, 2014, 4:38:44 PM6/6/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mrs. De Santi, dear Mr. Barrail,

I think we have finally fixed online validation bug, which was caused by porting SketchUp Ruby to version 2.0.

In the attachment I am sending you modelur_validation.rbs file, which needs to be saved into your plugins directory:  click Go in the menu bar > Library > Application Support > SketchUp 2014 > SketchUp > Plugins > Modelur > lib > int > ruby (overwrite existing file!).

We appologize for any inconvenience and thank you for all your feedback, which helped us solve this bug.

Best regards,
Jernej
modelur_validation.rbs

Jano Barrail

Jun 6, 2014, 8:35:48 PM6/6/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Working perfectly! If anything else happens I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Nejc Vidmar

Jun 18, 2014, 5:47:27 PM6/18/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

just want to let you know that updated version of Modelur is now available also through Extension Warehouse...

Best,
Jernej

Jano Barrail

Jun 24, 2014, 10:19:36 PM6/24/14
to mod...@googlegroups.com
great! I'll give it a try.

Thanks

Robert Platt

Mar 8, 2015, 5:31:27 AM3/8/15
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
I had the same problem. Modelur starts, but with a message saying there is no internet connection (which there is), and a very limited number of tools.
I downloaded the replacement file and replaced the one in the Ruby directory.
Unfortunately I then got a long string of error messages (see screenshot below), and Modelur would not start at all.
Because I had replaced the previous validation programme, I had to re-install Modelur.
I'm using SketchUp Pro 2015 (64 bit), and Modelur 0.4.3. Maybe the problem lies with my 2015 version of SketchUp?
This App is improving by the day, and has already become an essential tool in my urban planning work, so I hope we can find a solution.
Many thanks.
Robert

Message has been deleted

Nejc Vidmar

Mar 8, 2015, 5:56:49 AM3/8/15
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

thank you for your feedback. From what I can see in your attachment and from your description on how you updated Modelur, I would say it is not installed correctly. Seems like there are some old and some new Modelur files.

Can you please first remove all of Modelur files in
c:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\
SketchUp\SketchUp 2015\SketchUp\Plugins\
(modelur.rb and /Modelur folder).
Once removed restart SketchUp and try to install Modelur from scratch. Please
let us know if it works?

Best,
Jernej

Mika

Nov 4, 2015, 4:19:04 AM11/4/15
to Modelur
Hi Modelur-Team,

I installed Modelur 0.4.5 today (MS Vista, SU 2014 Pro) and experienced all the same problems as stated in the thread above: online-validation-fail, greyed out tools etc.) I followed the suggested solution and replaced the modelur-validation.rb in the appdata after a fresh modelurinstallation and get the same bunch of error messages.

Kind regards
Mikar

Message has been deleted

Nejc Vidmar

Nov 4, 2015, 4:41:56 AM11/4/15
to Modelur
Hi Mikar,

thank you for your feedback! Did you uninstall/remove all previous Modelur files befor you installed 0.4.5? Replacing modelur_validation.rbs will not work, as it was made for older version of Modelur.

I first suggest you completely remove Modelur as described in my previous post from march 8. Then, do a clean install and see what happens. Do you use any of our installers or do you use ExtensionWarehouse or PluginStore method?

If Modelur is not fully initalized, please restart SketchUp, open Window > Ruby Console and only then initialize Modelur. Please let me know if console outputs something?

Best regards,
Jernej

Nejc Vidmar

Nov 4, 2015, 7:46:05 AM11/4/15
to Modelur
Hi Mikar,

I just received a notice, that Modelur was not able to validate online for the past few hours. This is what caused your problems.

I made a mistake when changing DNS records for our new site, and I missed it for the online validation server. We have now fixed this, and Modelur should be able to pass validation as soon as DNS records are propagated.

I apologize for any inconvenience to all Modelur users!

Best regards,
Jernej Vidmar

PS: in any case, you need make sure you are not using modelur_validation.rbs file appended here, but the one that comes with the installer.

Mikar

Nov 5, 2015, 6:28:20 AM11/5/15
to Modelur
Hi Jerney,

thank you for your reply. I did a fresh install today and it works perfectly :-)

cheers
Mikar

Nejc Vidmar

Nov 5, 2015, 7:13:34 AM11/5/15
to Modelur
Hi Mikar,

thanks for your confirmation, I am glad to hear that.

Best,
Jernej

PS: I am now closing this topic. If someone runs into similar troubles, please open a new one, as this one got too long...
This conversation is locked