Dividing the model in blocks

ni...@warminthewinter.se

May 8, 2017, 8:48:04 AM5/8/17
to Modelur
Hi,

I have a question or a suggestion. When I work with my model (it is a big structure of 8000 new apartments) I want to be able to divide the plan in to separate blocks. Now I am able to calculate for example the total number of apartments in the new plan or in one separate building. But (as far as I know) I can't calculate a block consisting of several buildings, as a part of the plan.

The easiest way to solve this, as I see it, is to be able to select several buildings and see a calculation of the selected buildings GFA, apartments etc. under the "Selected Building" heading in the "Survey".
Or be able to "tag" one building (component) with several parameters. For example, one building could be aparments and Block A. The "Survey" would then be able to show all aparments in the new plan (=land use) and if I choose to see only Block A.

Best regards,
Nisse Örnberg

Jernej Vidmar

May 8, 2017, 10:09:56 AM5/8/17
to Modelur

Hello Nisse,

And thank you for your suggestion. Although it is currently not possible to divide the development into separate city blocks, I have some good news for you - it's already in development and it will be the one major addition to Modelur 0.6.0... :-)

At the moment there are two workarounds that can speed up the calculation per city block:
1. Select the buildings of city block and calculate the sum of the values using "Calculate Sum of Selected Buildings" which you can find under Tools section of Modelur UI menu. Once you have the basic values, you can copy them to the spreadsheet and calculate values further.
2. Put Buildings on separate layers, then hide all but one and change the size of the Plot Area to be the size of the city block that is visible. This way Modelur will calculate only the values for visible City Block.

I know both options are far from perfect, but I hope they help you a bit until we release 0.6.0.

Best regards,
Jernej