Modelur won't initialize

Jeroen Brinkers

May 12, 2015, 5:25:44 PM5/12/15
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

After updating Modelur the plugin won't initialize anymore...
When I press the icon on the toolbar or click initialize Modelur from the pull down menu, nothing happens...
What's going on?
When I login with our domain admin account and try to run Modelur it will work.

grz Jeroen

Nejc Vidmar

May 12, 2015, 5:31:56 PM5/12/15
to mod...@googlegroups.com, jeroen....@gmail.com
Hi Jeroen,

thanks for your feedback. This is strange behaviour. Are your network settings the same when using user account as they are when using admin account?

Does Modelur window open when you click on initialize button?
Can you please do the following:
1. initialize SketchUp
2. open Ruby console (you can find it in Sketchup menu Preferences > Ruby console)
3. initialize Modelur
4. If something is printed in the console window, please copy paste it here.

Which version of Windows/OSX you are using? Which version of SketchUp?

We'll do our best to solve this issue.

Thank you and best regards,
Jernej

Jeroen Brinkers

May 13, 2015, 1:53:10 PM5/13/15
to mod...@googlegroups.com, jeroen....@gmail.com
Hi Jernej,

The network settings are the same for admin and normal user.
The Modelur window will not appear after clicking on the initialize button.
What's even stranger, when I take an old Modelur model and open it in Sketchup and then start Modelur it does work.
We're using windows 7 SP1 x64 and sketchup version 2014.

code from ruby console

Error: #<LoadError: cannot load such file -- base64>
c:/users/jbs/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2014/sketchup/plugins/modelur/lib/int/ruby/modelur_validation.rbs:54:in `require'
c:/users/jbs/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2014/sketchup/plugins/modelur/lib/int/ruby/modelur_validation.rbs:54:in `base64_encode_file'
c:/users/jbs/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2014/sketchup/plugins/modelur/lib/int/ruby/modelur_validation.rbs:272:in `initialize'
c:/users/jbs/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2014/sketchup/plugins/modelur/lib/int/ruby/modelur_validation.rbs:241:in `start_validation'
c:/users/jbs/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2014/sketchup/plugins/modelur/lib/int/ruby/modelur_validation.rbs:141:in `block in initialize_menu_and_toolbar'
SketchUp:1:in `call'

greetings,

Jeroen

Nejc Vidmar

May 13, 2015, 1:59:06 PM5/13/15
to mod...@googlegroups.com, jeroen....@gmail.com
Hi Jeroen,

thanks a lot for the console output. It's really strange that it works with admin, but not as regular users.
Did you install Modelur from admin account or directly from user account?
Can you please confirm that there are some .rbs files inside c:/users/jbs/appdata/roaming/
sketchup/sketchup 2014/sketchup/plugins/modelur/lib/int/ruby/ directory?

Thanks,
Jernej

Jeroen Brinkers

May 18, 2015, 6:15:37 AM5/18/15
to mod...@googlegroups.com, jeroen....@gmail.com
Hi Jernej,

First I installed Modelur from the admin account (I've done this before without any problems), users don't have admin rights here so they shoudn't be able to install.
But I think I tried it anyway after Modelur didn't work, I'm not sure... :P

Trying to get Modelur to start is a bit of a pain now, even when I take an existing project it takes me several tries to get de Modelur window to appear.

These files are in the ruby directory.
modelur_extensionLoader.rb
modelur_building.rbs
modelur_classesExtensions.rbs
modelur_controller.rbs
modelur_dependencies.rbs
modelur_geometry.rbs
modelur_headsUpDisplay.rbs
modelur_json.rbs
modelur_landUses.rbs
modelur_model.rbs
modelur_observers.rbs
modelur_parametricMaps.rbs
modelur_tools.rbs
modelur_upgrading.rbs
modelur_userInterface.rbs
modelur_util.rbs
modelur_validation.rbs

best regards,

Jeroen

Nejc Vidmar

May 18, 2015, 7:53:07 AM5/18/15
to mod...@googlegroups.com, jeroen....@gmail.com
Hi Jeroen,

thanks for your feedback. You should be able to install Modelur even for non-admin users as all the files in SU 2014/2015 are installed to users appdata directory. That's why it won't work if its installed from other account.

Nonetheless, it's really strange to hear that it sometimes work and sometimes it doesn't. Do you have some other plugins installed? We've noticed that some users had problem with Vray for example.
The best thing we can do in this situation is to connect via Skype so I can see exactly what is going on. Please send me an email to our support email and I will send you back my contact details.

Thanks,
Jernej

Jeroen Brinkers

May 18, 2015, 10:22:02 AM5/18/15
to mod...@googlegroups.com, jeroen....@gmail.com
Hi Jernej,

I quite sure that I installed Modelur from my normal user account after I installed it as admin.

The behavior I experience now is as follows: I open sketchup, try to start Modelur. Nothing happens.
I open a Modelur project, try to start Modelur. Nothing happens.
I open another Modelur project, try to start Modelur. Nothing happens.
I leave the first sketchup open, open another sketchup session and try to start Modelur. Modelur starts.

I narrowed it down to: When I open 2 sketchup sessions without opening a project, the 2nd session will open Modelur.

I don't have any other plugins installed, I only use Vray for 3DsMax.

I only have Lync (Skype for business), if you use that version as well I should be able to share my screen.
I will send my Lync ID via e-mail.

btw I don't have audio or video, so I'm limited to chat only.

grz Jeroen

Nejc Vidmar

May 18, 2015, 11:31:20 AM5/18/15
to mod...@googlegroups.com, jeroen....@gmail.com
Hi Jeroen,

thank you for narrowing down the problem.

I don't use lync but we can try Google Hangout, where you can also share your screen. I've already added you to my Google circles... you probably got a notice about that?

Which timezone do you live in? Would tomorrow, 19.5 at 9:00 AM CEST suit you?

Best regards,
Jernej

Nejc Vidmar

May 18, 2015, 11:32:54 AM5/18/15
to mod...@googlegroups.com, nejc....@gmail.com, jeroen....@gmail.com
EDIT: 9:00 AM CEST doesn't work for me, sorry. How about 18:00 CEST?