topology option not recognised

Alejandro Manzano

Mar 2, 2022, 11:04:09 AM3/2/22
to ModelTest-NG discussion group
Hey,

I am running a model test in Ubuntu Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS (5.4.0-99-generic) 64 bits. I am running using the following command

modeltest-ng-static' --datatype aa --input ../concatAln.fasta-gb.phylip --output ModelTestNG.out --processes 4 --rngseed 12345 --topology random --force --frequencies ef --model-het igfr --models "+LG4X,+LG4M,-MTREV,-WAG,-VT,-MTMAM,-MTART,-MTZOA,-HIVB,-HIVW,-FLU,-STMTREV" --template raxml;

I get the error

unrecognized option '--topology'

If I change --topology for -t, then I get

unrecognized option '--frequencies'

I am using the static executable.

Cheers

Diego Darriba

Mar 22, 2022, 5:17:18 PM3/22/22
to modelt...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alejandro,

Thank you for reporting this. The actual long options for "-t" and "-f" were different to the ones stated in the documentation. It will be fixed in the next release.

BTW, sorry for the late reply. For some reason the messages from this list went to the spam folder :(

Best,

Diego.