Cant Install Modelsim

Austin Wu

Jan 24, 2021, 2:11:42 PM1/24/21
to ModelSim PE Student Edition
Hi, After getting the installer for Modelsim, opening it, I just see an unpacking ModelSim PE Student Edition, but nothing else. I know there's support to be an installer that pops up because it worked on my friend's computer. Any reason it wouldn't work on mine? I installed it on a flash drive and then transferred the files over to my computer. It worked fine until simulation, when I tried to simulate, it said I needed the student license file. After trying to get the file, I requested it on my friend's computer and installed the license file on my computer. Now while in the simulation I just get an error message with no instructions. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, Thanks.
unknown5.pngunknown6.png

Austin Wu

Jan 24, 2021, 2:13:48 PM1/24/21
to ModelSim PE Student Edition
It is because the trial key does not work with my computer, because it was not from my computer. This brings me back to my first question, does anyone know why the installer won't work?