Error installing

Manjari Maheshwari

Sep 8, 2020, 4:15:22 PM9/8/20
to ModelSim PE Student Edition
Hi, I'm running into an issue installing ModelSim on Windows10 (which I know lots of people have struggled with). Every time I run the installer, it begins unpacking and then abruptly stops. I've tried compatibility modes, shut down skype, and turned off my windows defender. Any ideas would help!! Thank you

6115 Karthik B

Sep 9, 2020, 10:50:34 AM9/9/20
to ModelSim PE Student Edition
I suggest you try installing it in Windows Safe Mode

Hans Naert

Nov 8, 2020, 9:22:00 AM11/8/20
to ModelSim PE Student Edition
I had also this problem.

In taskmanager I have noticed that "adobe CEF helper" and "adobe IPC broker" were started when installing.
I've renamed this processes, and after installing changed the name back.

files located at:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HEX
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\IPCBox