Instance variable of destination object is mapped to super type, and not sub type of the source object

Wayne Tech

Sep 11, 2018, 4:14:00 PM9/11/18
to modelmapper
Hi,

My source object and destination object are actually identical in terms of the attributes/variables. However, one variable is a super type and at run time, it will be a sub type.

I have a source object with the variable as a specific sub type on run time, and when I was trying to map the source object to the destination object, it complained about the  the super type with on no argument and public constructor. I had to make the super type a concrete class and then the destination object can be created/mapped. However, the instance variable of the destination object is now super type.

I tried to use typemap to list the super type and all the sub types. However, the problem remains.

Is there any special configuration that can help?

Thanks,

Wayne