Technical problem with the "run"

Winnie Makinde

May 15, 2013, 6:13:36 AM5/15/13
to modell...@googlegroups.com
Good day everyone,

Please I'm currenting experiencing an error message when I try to run a model.

msg reads;

code: Nothing named INITIALISE-OBJECT has been defined

It was running perfectly yesterday not sure why it's showing this error message.
I even tried runing one of your epidermic templates but is restrained by the same error message.
Could someone please look into it.

Thanks,
Winnie.

Ken Kahn

May 15, 2013, 6:30:03 AM5/15/13
to Modelling4All
Dear Winnie,

Thanks for reporting this. Sorry about this problem. There is a problem in the latest release so I've changed things so the previous release is now being used. A refresh page in the browser should fix the problem. Let us know if the problem persists.

We are grateful to all who report problems here but it would help us if you included the URL found in the Behaviour Composer browser tab in future messages.

Best,

-ken

Ken Kahn

May 15, 2013, 6:56:40 AM5/15/13
to Modelling4All
The problem that caused the 'Nothing named INITIALISE-OBJECT has been defined' error message has been fixed and the latest version of the system has been restored.

Sorry all for the inconvenience.

Best,

-ken

Winnie Makinde

May 15, 2013, 7:47:17 AM5/15/13
to modell...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,

Thanks for quick response. Yes it's working now.. will sure include the URL next time.
See you tomorrow.

regards,
Winnie.

howard...@gmail.com

May 15, 2013, 7:24:55 PM5/15/13
to modell...@googlegroups.com
Hi Winnie,

Are you using the new BC to NetLogo tool? It will save you a lot of time and stress - you get to avoid applets:

Basically you just download some files and put them into your netlogo folder. Are you coming tomorrow? I can show you over cake...

Howard

howard...@gmail.com

May 15, 2013, 7:25:57 PM5/15/13
to modell...@googlegroups.com

prade...@gmail.com

May 25, 2013, 1:06:16 AM5/25/13
to modell...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am Pradeesh. I came across Modelling4All yesterday.

I am getting the same error messages as discussed above. I downloaded BC2Netlogo. But while running, I get the error 'Nothing named Wolf has been defined' and the Wolf term in the code "create-objects Wolf" is highlighted.

What could be the problem here?

Thanks,

Pradeesh

Ken Kahn

May 25, 2013, 5:26:54 AM5/25/13
to Modelling4All
Welcome Pradeesh to this list,

There are two fields involved here: one is the name of the prototype and the second one is the number of copies of the prototype that should be created at start up.

If you want to create 100 wolves the prototype should look like this:

How many instances?

The error message you reported is most likely due to have 'Wolf' in the box indicating how many instances -- which is acceptable if elsewhere 'Wolf'' is defined.

Best,

-ken

Ken Kahn

May 25, 2013, 5:27:47 AM5/25/13
to Modelling4All
The mailer removed the '100' that was in the text area box above 'How many instances?'.

Best,

-ken

Howard Noble

May 25, 2013, 5:58:29 AM5/25/13
to modell...@googlegroups.com
Hi Winnie,

This has caught me a few times too. Just mouse click where it say Prototype, select edit from the menu of choices, change the "Protoype" text to "Wolf", then save.

As Ken says - you can quickly create lots of wolves by putting 100 into the box above the text that says "How many instances?" (where I think you were typing "Wolf")

Also, there's a tab called "Share" where you can get a link to your model and send it to this list...it might help us help you debug in the future.

Howard

prade...@gmail.com

May 25, 2013, 9:04:08 AM5/25/13
to modell...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,

Thank you.

I got it correct now. I had mistook the space for 'instances' as the space for name of the prototype.

Regards,

Pradeesh

Ken Kahn

May 25, 2013, 9:42:33 AM5/25/13
to Modelling4All
Hi.

You are not the first to make this mistake. The next release changes the wording from 'How many instances?' to 'How many copies?' that I hope will help somewhat but I suspect the potential confusion will remain.

best,

-ken