Saving models

prade...@gmail.com

May 26, 2013, 1:18:19 PM5/26/13
to modell...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How can I save my models so that I can start from where I left last time? I made partial model of the predator-prey system. However, when I start a fresh session I am not able to retrieve this model even though I did not erase the browser history. Do I need to download it? If yes, can I use it in the next session?

Thanks,

Pradeesh

Howard Noble

May 26, 2013, 2:53:28 PM5/26/13
to modell...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pradesh,

Ken might correct me but I think the easiest way is to go the URL from the share tab and save it somewhere (email it to yourself or put it in a text file). Then when you want to start again in the main composer area you can press the "import prototypes" button and paste the URL there. This will bring in all the prototypes and behaviours from the previous build. You may need to delete an unwanted prototype that it there by default when you start from fresh.

Does that make sense?

Ken Kahn

May 27, 2013, 3:19:31 AM5/27/13
to Modelling4All
Hi.

There are two different answers depending upon whether you are relying upon Java applets (the 'Run' tab) or the new BC2NetLogo.

The BC2NetLogo program should restore the previous model automatically.

To restore the previous model you worked on when not using BC2Netlogo (using the 'Run' tab) you'll need to look in your browser's history for the URL when you last used the Behaviour Composer. (The Behaviour Composer used to keep cookies to automatically resume where you were last time but many users complained about this. Perhaps we should restore it as an option.) In the future to avoid needing to look at the browser's history you can bookmark the URL.

To create a new model (and keep your old ones) use the 'Create a new empty model' button in the My Models tab.

Howard was answering the question 'if I'm using BC2NetLogo and I want to import a model that I created without using BC2NetLogo'.

I hope this helps.

Best,

-ken

prade...@gmail.com

May 27, 2013, 12:06:36 PM5/27/13
to modell...@googlegroups.com
Hi Howard, Ken,

Thanks for the tip. It works. Now I just bookmark the page and this loads the saved model.

Regards,

Pradeesh