Project: Trust formation in networks of interacting individuals

已查看 3 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Niccolò Pescetelli

未读,
2014年3月13日 06:01:472014/3/13
收件人 modell...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am new to this group. I took this term course in ABM and now I'm stuck with a probably very easy problem. In my project you have a fully directed network of people that interact and influence each others' choice depending on how much they trust each other. I coded trust as the thickness of the in-links, so that if agent A trusts agent B, the trust link will go from B to A (thus representing the information flow). On every tick each agent makes a binary choice and then, if not confident in it, changes its mind according to other agents' choice.
This change of mind part is tricky though. What I want to say to the agent to do is: if you are not confident in what you chose take the in-link with greatest thickness and set my-new-choice to [my-old-choice] of the agent at the other end of the selected link.
What's the syntax for selecting the thickest link? I thought something like

set my-new-choice
[[my-old-choice] of end1] of my-in-links with max (thickness)

Thank you a lot for your help!

Howard Noble

未读,
2014年3月13日 08:17:102014/3/13
收件人 modell...@googlegroups.com
Hi Niccolo,

Have you tried using max-one-of: http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/docs/dictionary.html#max-one-of

something like:

set my-new-choice max-one-of my-links [ thickness ]

It might be a good idea to give your links an attribute called "trust-of-link" and then set the thickness based on this attribute (so that you can do visualise the log of this value if trust grows too much for the visualisation to make sense.

hth, howard

Arthur Hjorth

未读,
2014年3月13日 08:19:182014/3/13
收件人 modell...@googlegroups.com
on phone so very brief:

ask the-agent[
let new-thickness x ; (calculate new value here)
ask max-one-of my-in-links [thickness] [set thickness new-thickness]
]

i agree with Howard that you probably should have a dedicated variable for this - it will make the code much easier to read.

--
回复全部
回复作者