BC2NetLogo on linux shell file

Richard Taylor

Jun 20, 2013, 12:29:52 PM6/20/13
to modell...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken

I had some trouble installing BC2NetLogo in Linux.
BC2NetLogo.sh looked a bit different from the normal NL shell script and this gave an error.

However the "java -jar BC2NetLogo/BC2NetLogo.jar" command worked fine, and I managed to send the model to NL and all is working fine from here I think.

Regards

Richard

Ken Kahn

Jun 24, 2013, 9:29:09 AM6/24/13
to Modelling4All
Hi.

Thanks for the update. The script was an attempt to add command line arguments that NetLogo documentation recommends and also allocates much more memory than the default so larger models can be run.

I've been working on an alternative to scripts for launching (and installing/updating) which is a tiny Java application which does it all. The version I just released today looks pretty solid. Just download it from

Please report any problems or suggestions for improvements.

Best,

-ken

Richard

Howard Noble

Jun 24, 2013, 10:03:33 AM6/24/13
to modell...@googlegroups.com
it updated seamlessly this morning for me.
i still get the time out issues.

Ken Kahn

Jun 24, 2013, 10:12:24 AM6/24/13
to Modelling4All
Howard is referring to the fact that the communication channel between the browser tab with the Behaviour Composer and the (controlled) NetLogo application times out (typically after 2 hours). What should happen if it times out is that the NetLogo application should exit and within a few seconds a fresh version should be launched. This has worked but apparently not reliably. If it does time out and doesn't automatically restart then close it and re-launch it.

Best,

-ken