book on XML

Sean

Dec 14, 2008, 8:40:51 AM12/14/08
to ModelingWorkShop
Can anyone suggest a good beginner to intermediate text for learning
XML for working with the background of QHP?

Also - is anyone else working with QHP on a mac platform?

-Sean

Tom Coleman

Dec 16, 2008, 8:02:34 PM12/16/08
to modeling...@googlegroups.com
Sean,

This is Tom Coleman jumping in because you ask a very important question.

Basic XML is a simple and rigorous concept. Essential XML Quick Reference is an excellent book of 402 pages. Only pages 1 to 14 are relevant.

Once you understand XML (average time is 30 minutes) then a more important question is exactly how QHP 2008 makes use of XML. These details are published in the QHP 2008 schema.

And in general, these details can be overwhelming. In the case of QHP 2008, the schema details are relatively simple (about 2 on a scale of 0 to 10). But still, we do not yet have an overview or tutorial available.

You betch' ya. We'll get it out as time and $ permits.

Tom Coleman

Sean

Dec 17, 2008, 7:40:05 AM12/17/08
to ModelingWorkShop
Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for the overview! For what I am doing - I think I
will invest the 30 minutes; and then see what I can do with the
schema. Sounds like a nice task for the winter break.

Sean