New QHP

Hester

Sep 22, 2008, 4:17:27 PM9/22/08
to ModelingWorkShop
We have uploaded a new version of QHP, QHP 2008 Beta 2. The file is a
zip file and needs to be expanded. Please provide any comments on the
discussion board.

Jiří Kofránek

Sep 22, 2008, 5:23:53 PM9/22/08
to modeling...@googlegroups.com

Dear Robert,

thank you,

I look forward our visit your laboratory and talking with you and Thomas Coleman.

For the "historical" point of view it is interested for me the source code of old model of Guyton-Coleman from 1972, because the outputs published in the legendary article in Annual Review of Physiology does not precisely correspond to the big schema in figure 1.

By the way, 35 year ago, my pursuit of error correction in Guyton scheme pushed me to the interested area of biomedical simulation. But at that time it was not possible for me to go from "communist dungeon" to Guyton and Coleman laboratory and discuss it…

We are trying to design tool for "semiautomatic" transcription form QHP notation to Modelica language. In Jackson we will show you our preliminary results.

Jiri

.

Jiří Kofránek

Sep 23, 2008, 8:09:40 AM9/23/08
to modeling...@googlegroups.com
Dear Robert,

I have try to download new version, but it seems that QHP beta1 version is offered to download

Jiri

Hester

Sep 23, 2008, 8:39:37 AM9/23/08
to ModelingWorkShop
did you download from the Google groups site? http://groups.google.com/group/modelingworkshop

I am using this site for download for a couple of reasons. We are
trying to get a grant from NIH for continual development and they want
to know how many people are using the software. The Goggle groups
requires people to login, so we will have an accurate record of
downloads. The other point is that the Google groups allows for an
easy listserve, to send people notices about upgrades.

Robert

On Sep 23, 7:09 am, "Jiří Kofránek" <kofra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Robert,
>
> I have try to download new version, but it seems that QHP beta1 version is
> offered to download
>
> Jiri

Jiří Kofránek

Sep 23, 2008, 10:48:35 AM9/23/08
to modeling...@googlegroups.com

Dear Robert,

it is all OK now. The reason was that we downloaded qhp from http://physiology.umc.edu/themodelingworkshop/. Download from the Google group site works OK.

We are sending you new qhpView templates, that enables you to examine structure and equations used in QHP beta 2 more confidently then in rude XML code. You must use for reading index.html using Mozilla browser

Jiri

2008/9/23 Hester <diesel...@gmail.com>
qhpView.zip

Michael Tiller

Sep 30, 2008, 10:34:34 AM9/30/08
to ModelingWorkShop
Jiří,

Could you tell us more about your connection to Modelica? I'm a bit
of an outsider here but I am interested in both the biomedical aspects
and the Modelica aspects.

Can somebody enlighten me on the goals of the QHP project, what it's
relationship to the "integrative physiology model" is, what QCP is,
etc? Furthermore, how are these models being captured (i.e. formally
described)? I'm assuming it isn't in Modelica. Is it just in C code
somehow?

Pardon my ignorance, but I wasn't able to get a lot of "big picture"
details from the web site.

--
Mike

On Sep 22, 5:23 pm, "Jiří Kofránek" <kofra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Robert,
>
> thank you,
>
> I look forward our visit your laboratory and talking with you
> and Thomas Coleman.
>
> For the "historical" point of view it is interested for me the source code
> of old model of Guyton-Coleman from 1972, because the outputs published in
> the legendary article in Annual Review of Physiology does not precisely
> correspond to the big schema in figure 1.
>
> By the way, 35 year ago, my pursuit of error correction in Guyton scheme
> pushed me to the interested area of biomedical simulation. But at that time
> it was not possible for me to go from "communist dungeon" to Guyton and
> Coleman laboratory and discuss it...
>
> We are trying to design tool for "semiautomatic" transcription form QHP
> notation to Modelica language. In Jackson we will show you our preliminary
> results.
>
> Jiri
> .

Jiří Kofránek

Oct 10, 2008, 1:32:42 PM10/10/08
to modeling...@googlegroups.com
Dear Robert, on Sunday evening I will arrive in Jackson - could we meet on Modnay?

Jiri