Benignu...@epamail.epa.gov

Sep 9, 2008, 8:37:36 AM9/9/08
to modeling...@googlegroups.com

Hello all:

Another FYI on QHP.

1. The model does not seem to gain/lose enough weight per cal
increase/decrease. Certainly not as much as QCP did.

2. When carbs exceed ~ 6000 KCals/day, the model crashes with a divide
by zero. Other extreme conditions also make it crash.

V.

Benignu...@epamail.epa.gov

Sep 9, 2008, 10:54:44 AM9/9/08
to modeling...@googlegroups.com

Hello all:

1. Special patients not there yet?

2. Is there a batch mode for QHP yet?

V.

Tom Coleman

Oct 2, 2008, 7:05:27 PM10/2/08
to modeling...@googlegroups.com
Vernon,

Special patients and batch mode will not be implemented until some other stuff is completed.

We have a plan for QHP 2009 which implements this functionality in
a very attractive way.

But meanwhile, the EPA code (Mr. Human and Ms. Human) is up
and running. It knocks my eyes out. Basically a male has a lot of
skeletal muscle which is very wet and a female has a lot of adipose
tissue which is very dry, so all aspects related to body fluids become
very gender specific. As far as I can ascertain, these issues have
never been addressed and I'm eager (VERY) to address them.

I can send you preview version of Mr. Human and Ms. Human
whenever, but this needs a couple of more weeks to polish the
details.

I'm planning to paste this stuff back into QHP later with your approval.

Best, T.C.