DigitalHuman, new version of QHP

Hester

Apr 3, 2009, 3:34:56 PM4/3/09
to ModelingWorkShop
A new version of QHP has been uploaded. QHP has been changed to
DigitalHuman, more reflecting the overall model. A user can still
simulate a male or female, as described below:

DigitalHuman is the latest version of QHP. This version has the
capability to model either a male or female.
Future versions will include additional traits, gender, age, size,
adiposity. Traits are used to scale the model. Currently gender is
the only trait that can be changed.
A file, DigitalHuman.des, is used to determine the trait of the
model. (see the following)
Digital Human

Created : 06-Sep-08
Last Modified : 12-Dec-08
Author : Tom Coleman
Copyright : 2008-2009
By : University of Mississippi Medical Center
Solver : Digital Human V0.4
Schema : DES V1.0

<!-- <?create GENDER-MALE ?> -->
<!-- <?create GENDER-FEMALE ?> -->

<!-- <?create AGE-YOUNG ?> -->
<!-- <?create AGE-YOUNGISH ?> -->
<!-- <?create AGE-MIDDLEAGED ?> -->
<!-- <?create AGE-OLD ?> -->
<!-- <?create AGE-VERYOLD ?> -->

<!-- <?create BODYSIZE-SMALL ?> -->
<!-- <?create BODYSIZE-NORMAL ?> -->
<!-- <?create BODYSIZE-LARGE ?> -->
<!-- <?create BODYSIZE-VERYLARGE ?> -->

<!-- <?create ADIPOSITY-UNDERWEIGHT ?> -->
<!-- <?create ADIPOSITY-NORMALWEIGHT ?> -->
<!-- <?create ADIPOSITY-OVERWEIGHT ?> -->
<!-- <?create ADIPOSITY-OBESE ?> -->
<!-- <?create ADIPOSITY-MORBIDLYOBESE ?> -->

<!-- <?create MUSCULARITY-BELOWNORMAL ?> -->
<!-- <?create MUSCULARITY-NORMAL ?> -->
<!-- <?create MUSCULARITY-ABOVENORMAL ?> -->
<!-- <?create MUSCULARITY-TRAINEDATHLETE ?> -->

Comment out these next to tokens to make the
Context and Startup menus disappear. Suitable
for student use.

<?create SHOWCONTEXT ?>
<?create SHOWSTARTUP ?>

<?include Model.DES ?>

End
How do you change the model? Right now the default is male. To
change from MALE to FEMALE one edits DigitalHuman.des and uncomments
"create GENDER-FEMALE" line.
Thus change
<!-- <?create GENDER-FEMALE ?> --> TO <?create GENDER-FEMALE ?>
then save the file
Thus remove the "<!—" and " -->" and save the file. Once you run
DigitalHuman by clicking on the icon the program then creates the
female version of DigitalHuman. To change back to male just add the
"<!—" and " -->" and save the file.
The model then creates the initial conditions for a female, different
scaling of physiological variables, adding ovaries and female
hormones, and removing testes. This DigitalHuman female version
provides a simulation of the female menstrual cycle. The effects of
the female hormones on physiological parameters have not yet been
added to the model.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Jiří Kofránek

Apr 3, 2009, 3:43:16 PM4/3/09
to modeling...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Robert,

will you go to Kobe IUPS teaching meeting?

Jiri

Greg Walcott

Apr 3, 2009, 4:50:38 PM4/3/09
to modeling...@googlegroups.com
I'm new to this software and interested in looking at the response to
cardiac arrest and resuscitation. When I fibrillate the model for 5
minutes, I get an error - divide by zero hepatic blood flow/total blood
flow.

Is there a way around this?

Greg Walcott, MD

Robert Hester

Apr 3, 2009, 8:07:44 PM4/3/09
to modeling...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide me with some more specific details about your simulation?  Did you have a control period, when did you initiate vfib, when did you initiate defib?
We'll try and figure out the problem

Robert Hester

Jiří Kofránek

Apr 12, 2009, 3:03:03 AM4/12/09
to modeling...@googlegroups.com
New version of Equation Wiever for new version of QHP - you nust look it using Mozilla Firefox (not Microsoft Explorer),
Happy Easter to all,
Jiri Kofranek and Marek Matejak from Spring Prague

2009/4/3 Hester <diesel...@gmail.com>
digitalHumanViewer.zip