thoughts about the model

pawhi...@bellsouth.net

Nov 25, 2008, 7:59:02 PM11/25/08
to ModelingWorkShop
I'm a software person, so please excuse my lack of knowledge about
Physiology.
After seeing the Model in action some questions come to mind about
what additional functionality could be built into it.
The model does a good job of incorporating new Physiology functions,
equations, etc.
1) But, could it, or can it now, assist in developing and testing
hypothesis.
2) If we have a given relationship that exists in say a chimp --
confirmed by research-- could the model be used to assist in testing
whether these relationships hold true in humans?
Example: If research is being done to determine the cause and effects
of obesity, and we have good data based on research in the chimp, or
some other animal, how to map that information over to a hypothesis
covering humans in similiar circumstamces?
3) The Model does a good job of handling known diff equations. But
what if it could take a set of data and recommend the diff equation by
numerical analysis?

What functionality is planned for the coming years, if funding is
available?