Nikon Z50 Manual Download

Ceola Roefaro

Jul 26, 2024, 1:33:15 AM (3 days ago) Jul 26
to Modelica Buildings

This license is not a sale of the Manual and you do not become the owner of the Manual through your purchase of any product, download and/or use. Nikon retain ownership of the Manual and all copies thereof and all related intellectual property rights, and reserves all rights not expressly granted to you under this Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement, oral or written, between you and Nikon.

The Manual are for customers who have purchased our products. We may be unable to respond to inquiries from individuals who have not purchased our products. Please note that the manual and the contact information therein are subject to change without notice.

The Manual is protected by Japanese copyright law and international copyright laws and treaties. You must reproduce on each copy the Nikon copyright notice and any other proprietary legends that were on the original.

Except as otherwise stated in this Agreement, you may not make or distribute copies of the Manual to others or electronically transfer the Manual from one computer to another over a network. YOU MAY NOT ALTER OR REMOVE ANY COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK OR OTHER PROTECTIVE NOTICES CONTAINED IN THE MANUAL. YOU MAY NOT ASSIGN OR OTHERWISE DISPOSE OF, MODIFY, ADAPT, TRANSLATE, RENT, LEASE, LOAN, RESELL, DISTRIBUTE, NETWORK, OR CREATE OR HAVE CREATED DERIVATIVE WORKS BASED UPON THE MANUAL OR ANY PART THEREOF.

TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THE MANUAL IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND NIKON, ITS EMPLOYEES, DISTRIBUTORS, DEALERS AND AGENTS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, NIKON, ITS EMPLOYEES, DISTRIBUTORS, DEALERS, AND AGENTS DO NOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OF OR THE RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN FROM THE MANUAL, OR THAT THE MANUAL WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE MANUAL WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR FREE OF VIRUSES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER NIKON, NOR ITS EMPLOYEES, DISTRIBUTORS, DEALERS OR AGENTS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR, EXPENSES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM THE MANUAL, HOWEVER CAUSED, EVEN IF NIKON, ITS EMPLOYEES, DISTRIBUTORS, DEALERS OR AGENTS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES. THIS DISCLAIMER CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT AND NO USE OF THE MANUAL IS AUTHORIZED EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER.

This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Japan without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. In the event a dispute arises under or in connection with this Agreement, you hereby consent to personal jurisdiction of Japan and waive any objection that such forum is inconvenient. You further consent to service of process in any action arising from this Agreement by regular mail or other commercially reasonable means of receipted delivery. If any provision of the Agreement shall be determined invalid for any reason, the remaining provisions shall not be invalidated and shall remain in full force and effect. This Agreement sets forth the entire agreement and understanding between you and Nikon, and supersedes and replaces any other agreements relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. The failure of any party to insist upon strict performance of any of the terms or provisions of this Agreement, or the exercise of any option, right or remedy contained herein, shall not be construed as a waiver of any future application of such term, provision, option, right or remedy, and such term, provision, option, right or remedy shall continue and remain in full force and effect. The headings of the sections of this Agreement are inserted for convenience only and shall not constitute a part hereof or affect in any way the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, the provisions of section 3 and section 4 together with any provisions that by their express terms apply to periods after termination of this Agreement, shall survive termination of this Agreement for any reason.

You will indeed be able to take any photograph you like with any lens on the F5. When I had F5 as my "bread-and-butter" camera, virtually every lens I used was manual. I still continue to use them on my D2X. Good lenses never die.

It is a myth (endorsed by hardware vendors) that you need the latest and cutting-edge equipment to make good pictures. Of course photography never worked that way, since it is the user who makes the pictures, not the camera or a particular lens.

No, except for matrix metering the F5 will (as I stated in my first post) do full light metering with a non-CPU lens. There are centre-weighted and spot modes available. No crippling of the metering such as found on the D100/D70/D50 models. There is absolutely no need for an external meter, since F5 has one of the best metering systems available.

You do have to use the aperture ring on the lens to set the aperture which in my opinion is a benefit, not a drawback (I have programmed all my DLSRs to behave similar, if they support this operation).

I can also report that the F5 works very well with manual focus lenses. You will lose matrix metering but, for me, that's not really a loss because I prefer using center weighted metering because I am so used to it and can predict the results.

One thing that I can report is that if your used to using an F or F2 series camera with a "B" or "E" screen, you'll see the F5 is a touch more difficult to focus by screen alone. The newer "Brite Screens" don't have quite the "snap" of the older style ground screens in the earlier cameras. The good news is the it's still quite good and you can use the rangefinder aid, if you remember to look for it, which I never seem to do until after I take the picture.

Now a WARNING ! Nikon offered a modification of the F5 to allow use of Non AI lenses but it required a trip to the repair center. Basically, they would install an aperture follower from the F4 that featured a flip up tab so that a Non AI lens could be mounted safely. Because it required a trip to the repair center this means that almost all F5's won't have this modification and mounting a Non AI lens will DAMAGE the aperture follower on the camera body. My advice, if you have Non AI lenses, don't use them with your F5, or have them "modified" to be AI compliant.

BTW, the F5 may be the finest "tool" that Nikon ever produced. Sure it's big but if your used to an F2 with an MD-2, it's actually a bit of a featherweight. The AF system is INCREDIBLE so don't be afraid of getting some AF lenses. The only downside you'll find is that it will EAT batteries. The rechargables are expensive but at the rate the F5 goes thru batteries you may want to think about going rechargeable. If not, make SURE you always have spare batteries on hand, they die quickly and you don't get a lot of warning.

BTW, I think it's a shame that Nikon came out with the F6. Some love it but it lacks the "gearhead" appeal of the F5, doesn't have interchangable finders, and killed any further development of the F5. Which means the there won't be any Li-Ion batteries for the F5 or a future digital back for it. That's why they are probably getting so cheap now. I'm keeping mine and hoping that someday Sigma or someone similar will do a digital back for it, until that happens I just keep running film thru it to keep it limber. (stupid F6, I hate you, you'll get all the toys that the F5 deserves just cause your younger :-(

Well, my F5 takes around 70-100 rolls per set of lith AAs so it's not like it really was a problem. It's not designed for alkalines so it can eat a full set of 8 alkalines in the cold in 1.5 rolls of film!

The F6 is great, it is so much smaller without the stupid grip which should always be optional IMHO. Much better user interface than the F5s whose (e..g AF-ON) buttons are so small they're difficult to use.

Since I got the F6 I never use the F5 or the FE2. It is simply the best camera I have ever used. The autofocus is faster and the points are closer to rule of thirds intersections, I like the finder better, film rewind is automatic including the ability to leave the leader out simply by setting a menu option on the back, the placement of buttons is more ergonomic, it will matrix meter with all of my many AI lenses, and a lot of stuff like data imprinting is built into the F6 unlike the F5 which needs another back. I could go on and on.

I also have an F and F2 and except for taking the finder off for fun I've never had any actual need to change from the default finders that I got with the cameras. If you like the F5 then stick with it. It's a great camera but don't try the F6 or you may end up buying one...

Thanks to everyone who has helped with this. This is the first time i have used a forum, never once imagined there would be so many people willing to give there time to share there advice and knowledge.

With the exception of some high end cameras like the F5, F6, F100, D1/D2, Nikon bodies will not meter with old manual focus lenses. The lens needs to have a chip inside so that it can communicate with the camera through some electronic connections.

Nearly all autofocus lenses have chips. Nearly all manual focus lenses lack chips. Some people take a Dremel tool and drill a cavity into their manual focus lens and add the chip and electronic contacts to their lens. This way their manual focus lens will meter with their cheap modern film body.

I would put it like this: with all serious Nikon SLR bodies, metering is supported on Ai and Ai-S lenses. Some of the latest even matrix meter. The cheapo bodies don't support in-camera metering but they generally have such poor viewfinders that manual focusing lenses are a pain to use anyway ... YMMV, of course.