Huawei Laptop Boot Menu

Ceola Roefaro

Jul 25, 2024, 5:15:04 AM (4 days ago) Jul 25
to Modelica Buildings

If you try either method with no result, you may have to enable legacy boot in the laptop BIOS. Some owners are reporting that Huwawei has limited the ability to access the BIOS. You can do this 2 ways:

Some BIOSes only re-enumerate USB drive 'types' on a cold boot. This means that if you change the partition\format structure of the USB drive, on some systems you must power them off and on again. If the system always stays on and you use crtl-alt-del or restart to begin a USB boot session, the BIOS may not 'notice' that you have changed the 'type' of partition.For instance, Windows will format a raw, unformatted USB flash drive as a floppy drive (no MBR). This won't MBR-boot correctly. If you use a new partition/format tool to change the partitions to a HDD MBR type of drive, the BIOS will still treat the USB drive as a USB:FDD drive and not a USB:HDD drive unless you reset the CPU or power-off and in again.This type of BIOS is rarely found these days, but it is worth remembering this 'gotcha'!

huawei laptop boot menu

Download File ☆☆☆☆☆ https://tinurll.com/2zNG0x

In you bios menu, when you pick the boot priority, you have the option to chose between USB, HDD and FDD drives. However, additionally, you can select the HDD to boot from in a separate menu on the boot menu page. Go into that menu, and check if your USB stick is listed next to the HDD drives in your system.

I encountered a similar problem where the F12 boot selection menu would not display the USB boot option. @SSi's solution worked for me. I powered down the PC, removed the USB drive, reinserted it and powered back on. That worked, and the USB drive showed up in the F12 boot menu. I was able to successfully install the OS.

Plug in the USB before entering the BIOS menu, and check whether the USB is listed under "Hard Drives" instead of "Removable Devices" (the exact wording may be slightly different). If it is listed with the hard-drives, move the USB to the top of the list of hard-drives. Then, in the "boot priority" menu, select "Hard Drive" and not "Removable Drive".

Hi
I'm trying to boot from a Zorin Pro USB on a Huawei laptop but it will not do it. I have checked the usb does work on other computers and even used different USB drives. I have been in the bios and changed some settings but still not working. Any ideas pleas?

Or please explain what the error is or what your seeing?
Do you wish to run both Windows & Zorin OS alongside each other (Dual Booting)?
what program did you use to create the bootable usb stick?
Whats the spec's of your Huawei Laptop?
CPU:?
RAM?
storage size. SSD or HDD?
Graphic's ?

I used rufus. I do want to dual boot but it will not even recognise the usb as a bootable media. the usb works on other computers. I have disables fast boot.
the message it shows is 'system doesnt have any usb boot option. please select other boot option in boot manager menu.'
i think the only option in bios is uefi.

1st, (With the usb inserted into the L/T (Laptop).
Then start the pc into UEFI & look of "Boot order" or similar.
you need to place the usb device at the top of the boot order.
then save & exit UEFI, this should checking your pc via the usb stick to check thing's are ready.

Great to see you fixed the issue.
Rufus is my choice (But it needs to be configured) & that can hard to start with as Rufus is defaulted for NTFS.
Anyway Etcher is normally a great & easy app to use, But we do see troubles with Etcher more than Rufus.
Enjoy the OS.
Zorin forum community!

I just need some help with code I'm trying to dual boot linux on my laptop from a USB stick. I had to disconnect Secure Boot for it to work, but when I try to install it I'm opened with a Grub screen.I am fairly certain my OS lies on hd0 disk, though there is hd0,msdos1, that I'm not sure what it is, but when I try to boot it asks to load the kernel.I tried loading the kernel, but most of the code that I saw uses vmlinuz, which gives no response on my machine. So not sure how to load it.

In the past when I tried to install linux, it would lead me to an installation box, not GRUB. After some research, it seems that Huawei MXP doesn't supprot legacy boot, and uses UEFI, and that's why I'm led to a Grub page? I think. I'm not sure. Anyone knows how to install linux from a grub page?

Now to the 2nd install, I have reset my bios into factory settings just to make sure that there is no options I have unchecked for some of the tabs, and proceeded to disable only secure boot. I ran the installation CD, and luckily, it was installing properly, and was able to choose non-free drivers. This caused the laptop to work better than before, with better display settings, and WiFi has not had any issues since. I have even tried using a USB-C to Ethernet dongle to make sure that everything is working properly, and what do you know? everything is running perfectly. I have used the Application center thing (GUI) to update all kinds of software, and it hanged for a while there with no progress at all. I have read about this here on the forums, and proceeded to format to fresh install again.

3rd fresh install, I have applied everything from above exactly, and it was working perfectly, however, I chose to update the programs, and kernels from the pacman -Syu command. I have not believed that the command has updated everything successfully without one issue (this pacman is powerfullllll).

When using the touchpad, it registers a normal click as click, hold and drag; so it randomly selects, and highlights everything without me intentionally doing it. So usually you should press hard and drag to select.

As for the password issue, I have checked the caps lock, the language, and typed the password correctly, with unfortunately no success. Hence, each time that happens; I am forced to use the power button, and restart the laptop in a very weird manner.

As for the sleep/lock screen the issue persists, it tends to change the language at first. After changing the language, I try inputting the password correctly with no success. Could it be that it locks you out after 2 -3 password attempts? Unfortunately, I have to restart every time to get it working, which basically means I lose all work.

In this blog, I have tried to cover boot menu option keys for all computers and laptops that are very useful especially, when operating system installation is required. Most people are aware that every computer company provide different boot menu keys for their computers and laptops. We will also cover what is BIOS, what is boot menu, boot sequence vs boot menu and how to get to boot menu.

BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is a chip that is embedded into your system's motherboard. The primary purpose of the BIOS is to load the basic computer hardware during the booting process i.e, it is responsible for booting up your system. So BIOS run a test which is POST (Power-On Self-Test) that checks the computer meets requirements to boot up properly or not. If the computer fails to pass the power-on self-test (POST), you might hear some beep sounds which indicates the malfunctioning in the computer and your system will not start. See BIOS image below for more reference,

A menu that is accessible during the computer starts up process is known as a boot menu. It provides a privilege to the user's that they can load and install the new operating system on their machines. It consists of various device options to boot, including CD/DVD, USB drive, hard drives, and a LAN (Local Area Network). Check the below image of the boot menu for more reference.

Most people are confused about the boot sequence when they trying to understand BIOS and the boot menu. In simple words, the boot menu required a user to input before booting up the device but the boot sequence is a pre-defined sequence in the BIOS setting that runs automatically when the user does not provide any input so that it can boot up your system with the priority device in the sequence. So if you do not press any boot menu option key like F1, F12 on the boot time of the system, then the boot sequence automatically triggers the first available device of the pre-defined sequence. You can change the sequence inside the BIOS options.

At the point when a computer is starting up, you can get to the Boot Menu by pressing some keys. The keys that are generally used to open the Boot Menu are Esc, F2, F10 or F12, which relies on the companies of the computers or motherboards. To know which key works for your system you can take a look at the below-mentioned table where I list the boot option keys for all computers and laptops with the BIOS option.

In this article, I have tried to cover the boot menu option keys for all computers and laptops with BIOS options. If you feel I have missed any of the manufacturer's keys, you can freely contact me or mention them in a comment below so I can add them to the above list. I hope you found this article helpful.

Ans. To enable the f12 boot menu key, open the BIOS option by pressing BIOS key according to your system (BIOS Keys varies system to system, so if you don't know which one is for your computer you can check the list by clicking on "how to get to boot menu"). When BIOS Setup is launched then [ENABLE] f12 Boot Menu under Main section. Now press F10 to save and exit from BIOS. Check image for more refrence

Ans. It depends on company or manufacturer of your computer. If you want to open boot menu for your system you can check find your computer manufacturer by clicking on ""how to get to boot menu". Boot menu keys are dedicated to systems not to Operating system like Windows or Linux.

Ans. It varies system to system and totally depend on you computer manufacturer. It can be Esc, F12, F11, F10,Del. Don't know boot menu key for your system click on "how to get to boot menu"

4a15465005