Working Apache directives or .htaccess for removing "/index.cfm/event" from url?

Brian G

Jan 13, 2014, 8:28:41 PM1/13/14
to model...@googlegroups.com

I tried this once, many moons ago, and couldn't get it to work so I gave up.  I found lots of .htaccess examples but ideally we would implement it in the httpd.conf files for consistency since that's where we define most of our setup.  I'm now back at the altar, wanting to shorten my URLs. :)

Does anyone have working Apache config (preferred) or .htaccess (secondary) that will attach the /index.cfm/event to a URL so requests like:

http://www.web.com/show/id/12345

will hit:

http://www.web.com/index.cfm/event/show/id/12345

?