Preventing request timeouts during long init processes

Brian G

Nov 21, 2015, 12:13:43 PM11/21/15
to model-glue
This has been bugging me for years - the first few users to hit the app queue up while coldspring, model-glue and transfer all do their thing. Almost inevitably a bunch of them get request timeout errors after 60s when things haven't finished initializing.

I wrote a function that I use in Server.cfc (but it could be used anywhere you create your beanfactory/etc like in onApplicationStart or onRequestStart when you get a reinit parameter) which solves this and I thought others might like it too:  http://www.ghidinelli.com/2015/11/21/preventing-long-coldfusion-initialization-timeouts

Cheers,

Brian