MG 3.2.460 - A timeout occurred while attempting to lock EventHandlerWasDefined_EventHandlerLock_modelglue.onRequestStart.

Irvin Wilson

Apr 13, 2015, 11:18:23 AM4/13/15
to model...@googlegroups.com
Every once in awhile (once a month, maybe once every 6 weeks) the following error will occur and bring down the system -

A timeout occurred while attempting to lock EventHandlerWasDefined_EventHandlerLock_modelglue.onRequestStart.

Once this error starts the site will stay down until reinit.  I see where it's locked in memoizedmodelglue.cfc per below

<cffunction name="getEventHandler" output="false" hint="I get an event handler by name.  If one doesn't exist, a struct key not found error is thrown - this is a heavy hit method, so it's about speed, not being nice.">
<cfargument name="eventHandlerName" type="string" required="true" hint="The event handler to return." />
<cfset var NumberOfLoaders = arrayLen( variables.ModuleLoaderArray ) />
<cfset var i = "" />

<cfif structKeyExists( this.eventHandlers, arguments.eventHandlerName ) IS false>
<cflock type="exclusive" name="EventHandlerWasDefined_EventHandlerLock_#arguments.eventHandlerName#" timeout="10" throwontimeout="true">
<cfif structKeyExists( this.eventHandlers, arguments.eventHandlerName ) IS false AND eventHandlerWasDefined( arguments.eventHandlerName ) IS true>
<cflock type="exclusive" name="EventHandlerCreationLock_#arguments.eventHandlerName#" timeout="10" throwontimeout="true">
<cfif structKeyExists( this.eventHandlers, arguments.eventHandlerName ) IS false AND eventHandlerWasDefined( arguments.eventHandlerName ) IS true>
<cfloop from="1" to="#NumberOfLoaders#" index="i">
<cfset variables.ModuleLoaderArray[ i ].locateAndMakeEventHandler( this, arguments.eventHandlerName ) />
</cfloop>
</cfif>
</cflock>
</cfif>
</cflock>
</cfif>

<cfreturn this.eventHandlers[arguments.eventHandlerName] />
</cffunction>

I'm not sure why it's reporting the lock in the outer loop.  Seems to me it's got to be the inner one two lines down but maybe looking at it wrong.  Wondering if I should just try bumping the timeouts a bit?

Thank you!

Irv

Dan Wilson

Apr 13, 2015, 11:24:45 AM4/13/15
to model...@googlegroups.com
Interesting.

We might be able to get rid of the inner lock.

How many lines are your XML config files?

DW

Monday, April 13, 2015 11:18 AM
Model-Glue Sites:
Home Page: http://www.model-glue.com
Documentation: http://docs.model-glue.com
Bug Tracker: http://bugs.model-glue.com
Blog: http://www.model-glue.com/blog

Groups "model-glue" group.
model-glue+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/model-glue?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "model-glue" group.

Irvin Wilson

Apr 13, 2015, 12:10:40 PM4/13/15
to model...@googlegroups.com
There's several in the "modelglue" family.  Coldspring.xml is 485 but in the modelglue "group" there's 10 including modelglue.xml.  Average length each is about 350-ish lines each with one long one about 1200 lines....

Irvin Wilson

Apr 13, 2015, 12:17:17 PM4/13/15
to model...@googlegroups.com
I also just heard that the Coldfusion server itself had some issues this morning that would have caused it to run slowly.  Maybe it's just that the server was too slow at that point.  Thinking I could try bumping those two timeouts.  Probably wouldn't completely solve it but maybe allow it to run if the server bogs down to a higher degraded point than it will now...   ??

Irvin Wilson

Apr 29, 2015, 3:30:02 PM4/29/15
to model...@googlegroups.com
Just got hit with it again.  Reiniting framework clears it but....  ??

Dan Wilson

Apr 30, 2015, 3:40:01 PM4/30/15
to model...@googlegroups.com
yeah, yeah, I know.

Would you believe every waking minute I have has been consumed for 2 years?

:)

I do intend on getting to this at some point, but it happens to fall in the spare time category... of which I have precious little.

DW

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:30 PM
Monday, April 13, 2015 11:24 AM

Irvin Wilson

Apr 30, 2015, 4:04:16 PM4/30/15
to model...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Dan, didn't mean it like that.  Just wondering if you saw my answer to the question about how big the xml files are.

I found out that they had rebooted the server yesterday so this happened while the server was busy doing "reboot stuff".  I guess I'm wondering why it continues to throw the same error on every request after that?  I can manually reinit the framework and everything is then fine.

??

Thank you!

Irv

Dan Wilson

May 1, 2015, 7:28:16 AM5/1/15
to model...@googlegroups.com

Naw, you didn't say anything wrong and I'm not offended.

I just wish I could carve out the blocks of time needed to do a few hard things left on MG.

This issue is pretty deep in MG so it requires a lot of set up and analysis. I  want to do it, and I would enjoy doing it.

However from my progress in this issue over the last year, you can see I haven't been able to make it happen.

I have another possible window after Dev.Objective().