Not Working in IE

Dave L

Apr 13, 2011, 3:23:35 AM4/13/11
to ModalBox
I am using ModalBox with rails and am running into some problems with
Internet Explorer. The modal box appears behind the overlay. I've
tried running this on a blank page with only the required js and css
files and I still get this problem in IE. I have the same versions
for scriptaculous and effects (1.8.3) and I am using Prototype 1.7
(also tried it with 1.6.1). This is the code I am using:

<%= javascript_include_tag 'prototype', 'effects', 'modalbox' %>
<%= stylesheet_link_tag "modalbox" %>
This is the Modal Box.
<button id="upload_image" >add image</button>
<script type="text/javascript">
document.observe('dom:loaded', function(){
Event.observe('upload_image','click', function(){
Modalbox.show($('image_search'),{title: 'Select an Image for:
test', width: 600, height: 500});
return false;
})
})
</script>

Has anyone else ran into any problems with Rails and IE?

Dave L

Apr 13, 2011, 5:21:32 AM4/13/11
to ModalBox
It looks like this can be fixed by adding: "z-index: 10000" to
#MB_windowwrapper