EdPuzzle

matthew.yocum

Jun 17, 2020, 11:16:00 AM6/17/20
to MoDAL 2020
I'm having trouble with creating a video in EdPuzzle, just getting started. When I log in to my EdPuzzle account, I can view all the videos created by Jan and Lindsey, but I don't see an option to create one myself. So I "left the class" and created my own class, but still don't see any option for creating my own video. There are several existing videos from youtube there, and I can search by keyword, etc., but does anyone know where to go to start recording /creating your own video? Sorry if I missed them, but I didn't see any EdPuzzle tutorials on the MoDal website.

Matt Yocum

Jerod Morehouse

Jun 17, 2020, 11:23:54 AM6/17/20
to MoDAL 2020
When you sign into EdPuzzle you should see the page below. Select the "Add Content" button that is circled in red to upload a video. I do not believe that you can record a video in EdPuzzle, but can only upload your own video or use a YouTube video.

Does that help?

Message has been deleted

Jerod Morehouse

Jun 17, 2020, 11:25:48 AM6/17/20
to MoDAL 2020
For some reason the image I attempted to add to my last post won't load. The "Add Content" button is in the upper right side of the screen.

Michele Carney

Jun 17, 2020, 11:31:31 AM6/17/20
to MoDAL 2020
Just checking on why you are creating a video in EdPuzzle. For the MoDAL materials, we set it up so there are videos to watch in EdPuzzle and you create your own videos in Flipgrid. Sorry, if I'm misunderstanding.

Jerod Morehouse

Jun 17, 2020, 11:34:12 AM6/17/20
to MoDAL 2020
Giselle Isbell made an awesome guide to EdPuzzle. Take a look at it if you are needing any help with creating content. This is the link

matthew.yocum

Jun 17, 2020, 7:34:26 PM6/17/20
to MoDAL 2020
OK, thank you all for the help. I have determined that I cannot create a video directly in EdPuzzle, but must create one using other software, then upload it and edit it in EdPuzzle. So, I created a video using Flipgrid and now I am stuck with uploading said video into EdPuzzle. I've been trying for at least one hour. I watched a tutorial that shows an option to download the Flipgrid just after you finish recording it, but before you add a selfie and post it. Unfortunately, I have passed that point and finished the Flipgrid video completely. Also, I created the video on my own Flipgrid account, not the one that is linked to the Modal group. So I'm also battling going between the two Flipgrid accounts. One youtube video showed to click "MyFlipgrid" at the top right, and then it shows "MyVideos" and from there you can download them. But when I click MyFlipgrid on my own personal account where I created the video, it takes me to the other account! I tried logging out and logging back in to the teacher account before doing this and that didn't work. Any thoughts? All I want to do is add the video I made to EdPuzzle so I can insert a few prompts for students to answer, and then post it as my artifact.

Thanks in advance!

Matt Yocum

Josephine Derrick

Jun 17, 2020, 7:37:24 PM6/17/20
to MoDAL 2020
I would recommend using a google incognito tab. This will remove any memory of login information, then you can log in with only the Flipgrid account that is attached with the video without having the other interfere.