Wait time

inotleks

Jun 16, 2020, 12:58:38 PM6/16/20
to MoDAL 2020
I am literally spending 2/3 of my time on this class waiting for things to load, refresh, and update. Am I the only one? This is why I do not like online classes.

sean.sullivan

Jun 16, 2020, 1:04:15 PM6/16/20
to MoDAL 2020
No, I'm not having this problem.

My biggest problem is the insane number of tabs that I currently have open, though this is nothing new. In school (remember school?), I sometimes have the students guess how many tabs I currently have open...if you guessed fifteen right now, you win!

Leslie Atkins Elliott

Jun 16, 2020, 1:04:53 PM6/16/20
to MoDAL 2020
Thanks for letting us know, and I'm so sorry to hear this!! - I think of my internet as pretty glitchy but have not had issues with pages loading, refreshing and updating. I apologize. I'm curious to hear from others.  - Leslie

hailey.bull

Jun 16, 2020, 2:03:26 PM6/16/20
to MoDAL 2020
In one of the lessons hosted in EdPuzzle, I thought I was waiting for the video to load and was irritated by how slow it was, but I actually just didn't see that I was supposed to type information in on the right hand side of the video for it to start... I don't know if this is similar to the issue you had, but might be worth considering! :) Hopefully your internet issues will be resolved!

laura.swenson

Jun 16, 2020, 3:19:33 PM6/16/20
to MoDAL 2020
I'm having similar problems but it's almost exclusively with flipgrid, specifically when it comes to "preparing my videos." I've recorded some video responses 5 times over trying to get them to load. I've tried different cameras, different lengths, saving then uploading, no picture, some picture, all screensharing, etc. And periodically, the flipgrid progress bar will go from 11% up to 54% down to 12 % up to 57% down to 23% and so on. I have no idea what's going on, but I'm spending most of my time trouble-shooting flipgrid.

Leslie Atkins Elliott

Jun 16, 2020, 3:25:00 PM6/16/20
to MoDAL 2020
So frustrating ! Sorry, Laura - I've had this issue with Flipgrid in the past, too. (And I have spotty internet so that may be contributing.) So I make a video on my phone (not too long) and then go on Flipgrid to "add videoclip." If Flipgrid fails to upload it's easy to try again.