highlighting the mouse

matthew.yocum

Jun 17, 2020, 6:20:09 PM6/17/20
to MoDAL 2020
I've notice that some of you have an highlighted mouse when presenting or a red circle that appears around the cursor when you click. I just went down the rabbit hole looking at options for this and was thought I should probably just ask those that are already using it. What app are you using? Is it free? Do you like it or would you recommend it to others?

Thanks in advance,

Matt Yocum

Josephine Derrick

Jun 17, 2020, 6:22:59 PM6/17/20
to MoDAL 2020
The highlighted mouse that is on my videos is created using Camtasia, which is not free. However, the red circle which is on many of the videos is from using Screencastify, which is a free google chrome extension (there is also pro version you can buy, which extends some of the features). There may be others too, but those are the ones that I know of.

carissa.neulist

Jun 18, 2020, 2:26:10 PM6/18/20
to MoDAL 2020
As mentioned previously, the red circle is from Screencastify...it's what I use most of the time!  I like that the videos automatically save to your Google Drive and you even have the option of writing on your screen while recording if you have a touchscreen device!  I'm only using the free version with a 5-minute limit but it hasn't been a problem yet.