CODAP Check Boxes and Including/Excluding Data

sseubert

Jun 17, 2020, 4:00:48 PM6/17/20
to MoDAL 2020
I was wondering if there was a way to make the textbox in CODAP have interactable textboxes (like in the "Getting Started" example we did).

I was also wondering if there is a way to have it do two different regressions.  One that includes all data but those selected and another that includes all data.

Thanks!

sseubert

Jun 17, 2020, 4:05:40 PM6/17/20
to MoDAL 2020
I think I figured out the second question.  I think the easiest way would be to make two separate graphs and have one that includes all and another that includes only the data that I want.

sseubert

Jun 17, 2020, 4:11:26 PM6/17/20
to MoDAL 2020
Nevermind, doing that affects both graphs (since they are both coming from the same data set.  The only way that I can do this is by having two data sets, one with all the data and one with some missing.

Josephine Derrick

Jun 17, 2020, 4:12:15 PM6/17/20
to MoDAL 2020
From what I've seen, the interactive checkboxes used in the "Getting Started" activity requires their Data Interactive Plugin API and coding knowledge. Clicking on the little "i" in the bottom right corner of the box with the interactive checks in the "Getting Started" document, it says,

"This onboarding plugin for CODAP was created to help new CODAP users get started using CODAP. It lives in CODAP as an iFrame. Certain user actions cause CODAP to notify the plugin. The plugin responds by providing feedback to the user.

The open source code is at
CODAP's data interactive GitHub repository.

This plugin makes use of the CODAP data interactive plugin API whose documentation is at
CODAP Data Interactive API."

So, I don't think there is an easy way to make the interactive checkboxes.