cprofile mod_python

grafman

Apr 27, 2010, 5:23:08 PM4/27/10
to mod_python
I'm trying to use cprofile in a mod_python based application.

I point my web server to a profiling function that calls my "main"
function. I can't seem to get it to work correctly. I'm getting
garbage sent to my profile output and when I call pstats Its telling
me my main function is not defined. I've tried both cprofile.run and
cprofile.runctx.

def handler( req ):
f = '/tmp/foo.prof'
cProfile.run('mainprofiled(req)',f)
#stats = pstats.Stats(f)
return apache.OK

def mainprofiled(req):
#python code

Are there some good mod_python based profiling examples someone could
point me to?

Graham Dumpleton

Apr 28, 2010, 10:01:11 PM4/28/10
to mod_python
No one lives here. Use the mailing list instead.

grafman

Apr 29, 2010, 11:21:24 AM4/29/10
to mod_python
Thanks Graham.