Unable to start Gearmand job server

Veera Ragavan

Oct 13, 2017, 2:30:27 PM10/13/17
to mod_gearman
There is no /usr/sbin/gearmand file in the is location.can you please help me how to start gearmand server.Followed the below steps

Alessandro Ren

Oct 13, 2017, 3:28:54 PM10/13/17
to mod_g...@googlegroups.com

   For redhat 6 / centos 6 service gearmand start should start the daemon.

   []s.

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Veera Ragavan <veeraragh...@gmail.com> wrote:
There is no /usr/sbin/gearmand file in the is location.can you please help me how to start gearmand server.Followed the below steps

Veera Ragavan

Oct 14, 2017, 12:08:36 AM10/14/17
to mod_gearman
Hi

  Thanks for your response..But i tried we got the below error.I am using amazon linux (AWS Linux instance).

[root@nagiosserver3 veera]# service gearmand restart

gearmand: unrecognized service

I am installing from git repo

On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 12:58:54 AM UTC+5:30, Alessandro Ren wrote:

   For redhat 6 / centos 6 service gearmand start should start the daemon.

   []s.
On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Veera Ragavan <veeraragh...@gmail.com> wrote:
There is no /usr/sbin/gearmand file in the is location.can you please help me how to start gearmand server.Followed the below steps

Alessandro Ren

Oct 14, 2017, 8:19:54 AM10/14/17
to mod_g...@googlegroups.com

 Which Linux version?

Sent from my iPhone

Veera Ragavan

Oct 14, 2017, 12:31:00 PM10/14/17
to mod_gearman
Hi,

  I am using  Amazon Linux AMI release 2016.09.

     I have tried to installed modgearman and followed all mentioned to resolve the issue.
But i am unable to start gearmand server.

Kindly help out for the same.