[mod_gearman] memory leak with icinga 1.14.0 and mod_gearman 3.0.0

Andrey Maraev

Jan 11, 2017, 3:33:50 AM1/11/17
to mod_gearman
Hello there.
Can anyone help with ticket https://dev.icinga.com/issues/13715
We also tried with icinga 1.14.0 and mod_gearman 3.0.0 realise
It was compiled without --enable-embedded-perl

Sven Nierlein

Jan 11, 2017, 3:23:08 PM1/11/17
to mod_g...@googlegroups.com
Right now i am not aware of any memory leaks in mod-gearman. Is mod-gearman the only
NEB module loaded in Icinga? How quick does the process grow over time?

Cheers,
Sven

Andrey Maraev

Jan 12, 2017, 2:41:12 AM1/12/17
to mod_gearman
Hi.
Just ido и mod_gearman are loaded (that's all). And if icinga works without mod-gearman (just with ido) - all is OK. the process grows over 1Gb in 24Hours.

Sven Nierlein

Jan 12, 2017, 4:09:56 AM1/12/17
to mod_g...@googlegroups.com
Which versions do you use, because the icinga issues says icinga 1.13.3 with mod-gearman 1.5.5 which is quite old.
Also all packages of mod-gearman are compiled with embedded perl, so how did you install mod-gearman? Which
linux do you use?

On 12/01/17 8:41, Andrey Maraev wrote:
> Hi.
> Just ido и mod_gearman are loaded (that's all). And if icinga works without mod-gearman (just with ido) - all is OK. the process grows over 1Gb in 24Hours.
>
> четверг, 12 января 2017 г., 0:23:08 UTC+4 пользователь Sven Nierlein написал:
>
> On 11/01/17 9:33, Andrey Maraev wrote:
> > Hello there.
> > Can anyone help with ticket https://dev.icinga.com/issues/13715 <https://dev.icinga.com/issues/13715>
> > We also tried with icinga 1.14.0 and mod_gearman 3.0.0 realise
> > It was compiled without --enable-embedded-perl
>
> Right now i am not aware of any memory leaks in mod-gearman. Is mod-gearman the only
> NEB module loaded in Icinga? How quick does the process grow over time?
>
> Cheers,
> Sven

Andrey Maraev

Jan 12, 2017, 5:25:31 AM1/12/17
to mod_gearman
Sven,
We've tested both versions first as 1.13.3 and 1.5.5 then someone suggested update it all. Last with:
icinga 1.14.0.
mod-gearman 3.0.0
mod-gearman was compieled as ./configure --program-prefix=/usr/local/icinga/ --disable-naemon-neb-module (option --enable-embedded-perl hasn't been installed)
OS: RHEL6

Sven Nierlein

Jan 12, 2017, 11:12:49 AM1/12/17
to mod_g...@googlegroups.com
I tried to reproduce with mod-gearman 3.0.0 and icinga 1.13.3 and do see any issue regarding memory.
Maybe its a problem with the libgearman version, is there any reason you compile it by yourself instead
of using the packages from: https://labs.consol.de/repo/stable/rhel6/x86_64/
We usually use libgearman 0.33 which has to be proven quite stable.

Cheers,
Sven

On 12/01/17 11:25, Andrey Maraev wrote:
> Sven,
> We've tested both versions first as 1.13.3 and 1.5.5 then someone suggested update it all. Last with:
> icinga 1.14.0.
> mod-gearman 3.0.0
> mod-gearman was compieled as ./configure --program-prefix=/usr/local/icinga/ --disable-naemon-neb-module (option --enable-embedded-perl hasn't been installed)
> OS: RHEL6
>

> четверг, 12 января 2017 г., 13:09:56 UTC+4 пользователь Sven Nierlein написал:
>
> Which versions do you use, because the icinga issues says icinga 1.13.3 with mod-gearman 1.5.5 which is quite old.
> Also all packages of mod-gearman are compiled with embedded perl, so how did you install mod-gearman? Which
> linux do you use?
>

> On 12/01/17 8:41, Andrey Maraev wrote:
> > Hi.
> > Just ido и mod_gearman are loaded (that's all). And if icinga works without mod-gearman (just with ido) - all is OK. the process grows over 1Gb in 24Hours.
> >
> > четверг, 12 января 2017 г., 0:23:08 UTC+4 пользователь Sven Nierlein написал:
> >
> > On 11/01/17 9:33, Andrey Maraev wrote:
> > > Hello there.
> > > Can anyone help with ticket https://dev.icinga.com/issues/13715 <https://dev.icinga.com/issues/13715> <https://dev.icinga.com/issues/13715 <https://dev.icinga.com/issues/13715>>
> > > We also tried with icinga 1.14.0 and mod_gearman 3.0.0 realise
> > > It was compiled without --enable-embedded-perl
> >
> > Right now i am not aware of any memory leaks in mod-gearman. Is mod-gearman the only
> > NEB module loaded in Icinga? How quick does the process grow over time?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Sven

Andrey Maraev

Jan 17, 2017, 8:33:37 AM1/17/17
to mod_gearman
It seemed to work with libgearman 0.33. the memory leak has gone. The packets have been used from your rep.
Thanks a lot!!